Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:18 am

Poll: How can atheists risk hell eternal?
This poll is closed.
I've changed my mind. I'd sacrifice a son, lick God's balls and toss his salad too to avoid hell.
3.23%
1 3.23%
I just don't know which heavon to choose and which hell should most be avoided. I hate any and all risks.
3.23%
1 3.23%
No problem. I've decided to go with another heavon provider, perhaps one that offers more virgins.
9.68%
3 9.68%
It won't be easy but I've decided an eternity of good company in a bad place beats an eternity of poor company in pleasant climate.
9.68%
3 9.68%
Dead is dead. What is all this fuss about?
67.74%
21 67.74%
Other. (Please explain.)
6.45%
2 6.45%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big a risk are we atheists taking by not capitulating to Christian hegemony?
How big a risk are we atheists taking by not capitulating to Christian hegemony?
I offer this new thread to find out how it is we atheists can live with the risk of not falling to our knees and accepting Jesus into our hearts as lord and savior. It has all been said before but some of us weren't there and others just like saying it again. Have fun.

Please vote to express how you cope with the risk of not accepting the Christian Lord God's terms for salvation. You may choose as many as apply for you. What to hell can we possibly be thinking?
RE: How big a risk are we atheists taking by not capitulating to Christian hegemony?
Well considering as the threat seems completely hollow and nothing more than motivation from fear to sway people into a religion, there's no need to 'cope' with anything regarding idiot beliefs. Just a bunch of baseless shit from religious wack jobs.
I just live my life as I normally do. Religion never ever comes to mind. So I never think about it. Already dismissed it as bullshit, living on the assumption it's all folly and focus on far more important things in life.

Fearing something as hollow and unsupported as a hell or heaven is like fearing invisible monsters under my bed, the fear is unfounded.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
RE: How big a risk are we atheists taking by not capitulating to Christian hegemony?
People who ask about this risk imply that its a choice to believe or not to believe. No matter how hard I tried I would be incapable of believing. Sure I could lie and pretend but according to imaginary boss-man that's not good enough anyway.

So there is no risk. Big Grin
Even if I found out today that among all gods that have been fantasized, the god of the desert is indeed the only one in existence and that all scrolls that are said to be written and inspired by him are true, I could not worship him because:

a) He's a horrible person with a lot to answer for.
b) I couldn't stand to spend an eternity with his most absurd followers.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 22, 2012 at 12:44 pm)whateverist Wrote: I offer this new thread to find out how it is we atheists can live with the risk of not falling to our knees and accepting Jesus into our hearts as lord and savior. It has all been said before but some of us weren't there and others just like saying it again. Have fun.

Please vote to express how you cope with the risk of not accepting the Christian Lord God's terms for salvation. You may choose as many as apply for you. What to hell can we possibly be thinking?

What risk?
How does a Christian cope with the fact that they haven't pledged themselves to Allah? How does the Jew deal on a daily basis with their denial of the divinity of Jesus? They just do. In the same way that I as an atheist "cope" without god.
What risk? Why, hellfire and damnation of course.
(August 22, 2012 at 12:54 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(August 22, 2012 at 12:44 pm)whateverist Wrote: Please vote to express how you cope with the risk of not accepting the Christian Lord God's terms for salvation. You may choose as many as apply for you. What to hell can we possibly be thinking?

What risk?

Lake of fire, demons with pitch forks, foul odors (brim stone), poor lighting, eternity of regret and suffering, yada yada yada. (Apparently hell hath the fury of a spurned God.)
(August 22, 2012 at 12:58 pm)festive1 Wrote: How does a Christian cope with the fact that they haven't pledged themselves to Allah? How does the Jew deal on a daily basis with their denial of the divinity of Jesus? They just do. In the same way that I as an atheist "cope" without god.

Is it really the same? They cope with it because they are ridiculously arrogant as they usually claim to know 100% that they are right.
Cunt
Quote:Lake of fire, demons with pitch forks, foul odors (brim stone), poor lighting, eternity of regret and suffering, yada yada yada. (Apparently hell hath the fury of a spurned God.)

Still seems better than spending an eternity with his most devoted folowers Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1959 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89378 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 12682 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Christian Libertarians and Atheists - Common Ground? lowellwballard 21 1813 May 13, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3385 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Big Debate -- Price versus Ehrman Jehanne 43 9722 November 26, 2016 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Atheists, how would you explain these Christian testimonies? miguel54 44 9448 August 28, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 14272 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The ignorance of science and the big bang in christianity dyresand 10 2260 May 1, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So, "Noah" had four big-ass cranes? Minimalist 27 4481 April 15, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon