Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ignorance of science and the big bang in christianity
The ignorance of science and the big bang in christianity
The misconception most theists have with the big bang or any religious person thinks there was a explosion and poof 
the universe that is were the underlying and ignorance is.  The big bang wasn't a bang but a expansion of space time from the
initial singularity.  I only have the lack of education to blame on this and even so our education here in America is a joke...
i mean seriously were failing at reading, literature and math! I digress.... people need to be given the correct resources
on stuff like this so they can learn about it instead of boom universe earth humans etc. Because it took billions of years
for the universe to form into the way it is today.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: The ignorance of science and the big bang in christianity
(May 1, 2016 at 2:05 am)dyresand Wrote: The big bang wasn't a bang but a expansion of space time from the initial singularity.

Where did the singularity come from?
(May 1, 2016 at 10:02 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(May 1, 2016 at 2:05 am)dyresand Wrote: The big bang wasn't a bang but a expansion of space time from the initial singularity.

Options:
1) Grand master turtle snake's farting
2) Lord Anusius' anus
3) I don't know

take your pick
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I don't think it is a case of ignorance or lack of education as much as it is a willful refusal to accept facts that conflict with cherished belief. Postulates regarding the Big Bang are readily available to anyone who cares to look.

Oh, and huggy? The singularity didn't 'come from' anywhere.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 1, 2016 at 10:04 am)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(May 1, 2016 at 10:02 am)Huggy74 Wrote: Where did the singularity come from?
Options:
1) Grand master turtle snake's farting
2) Lord Anusius' anus
3) I don't know

take your pick

Emphasis mine. This is the BEST possible answer to a poorly worded question. Admission of transitory ignorance is the foundation upon which scientific inquiry rests.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The current apparent mass/energy 'surplus' is a statistical anomaly. Averaged over an infinite past/future it's not really worth worrying about.

You wait long enough, weird shit happens. The universe is rapidly dissipating itself back into an undetectable and irretrievably diffuse Bose-Einstein condensate spread across a mere speck of an endless empty infinite void.

Sorry for the (temporary) inconvenience.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 1, 2016 at 2:05 am)dyresand Wrote: The big bang wasn't a bang but a expansion of space time from the initial singularity.

(my bold)

Actually, no.  The 'Big Bang" was an 'explosion' of space-time, but not from a singularity.  That misconception comes from using Einstein's equations, which are incomplete when it comes to QM and gravity.  Following the equations backward is what leads to defining a singularity.  IIRC,  the 'Big Bang' theory never stated "expansion from a singularity" and certainly not today's theory.  If the 'Big Bang' started from a singularity, there would be a center to our universe and there is no center.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(May 1, 2016 at 11:58 am)IATIA Wrote:
(May 1, 2016 at 2:05 am)dyresand Wrote: The big bang wasn't a bang but a expansion of space time from the initial singularity.

(my bold)

Actually, no.  The 'Big Bang" was an 'explosion' of space-time, but not from a singularity.  That misconception comes from using Einstein's equations, which are incomplete when it comes to QM and gravity.  Following the equations backward is what leads to defining a singularity.  IIRC,  the 'Big Bang' theory never stated "expansion from a singularity" and certainly not today's theory.  If the 'Big Bang' started from a singularity, there would be a center to our universe and there is no center.

i forgot about that there is no defined center because everything is the center to our universe because of expansion.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
There might be a center if it is finite, but there doesn't have to be. It sure isn't us...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 1, 2016 at 10:02 am)Huggy74 Wrote:

Not from your stupid fucking god, dummy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4070 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11535 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 19882 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4567 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Creationism and Ignorance vulcanlogician 273 48061 May 23, 2018 at 3:03 am
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10528 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christianity And Peace Der/die AtheistIn 12 2814 July 22, 2017 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Christianity and Suicide Der/die AtheistIn 186 39882 July 22, 2017 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Black people and christianity rado84 40 6996 February 1, 2017 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Big Debate -- Price versus Ehrman Jehanne 43 9717 November 26, 2016 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne