Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there :)
Heart 
Hello there :)
Hello! My name is Larisa, I am 22, I live in California, and I am an Anthropology major at California State University-Sacramento.
I found these forums by doing a Google image search of "Religion vs. Education levels," and I read through some of the posts. It seems active enough and very interesting! I have been a part of other atheist forums, but most of the people on there were pompous ass holes, so I never stayed long enough to learn anything or get to know anyone. I look forward to reading more on here, and hopefully contributing to conversations with people who have similar views as myself.
RE: Hello there :)
We are the same people as on those other forums, just using different names.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
Too bad, I will probably hate you all.
G'day Larisa from sunny South Australia.

What is your area of Anthropology (mine is Social A) and your area(s) of interest?

As atheist forums go,I think this one is pretty good. It's more civilised and has higher standards of behaviour than many.EG direct insults are not permitted.I have to settle for being patronising and sarcastic.Cool Shades
(July 7, 2009 at 9:46 pm)Larisahoohaa Wrote: I have been a part of other atheist forums, but most of the people on there were pompous ass holes, so I never stayed long enough to learn anything or get to know anyone.

I joined only a week ago so I'm still getting to know the people here, but from what I've seen so far there are more decent members here than pompous assholes. Definitely have the latter, and you'll discover them on your own, but there are some very intelligent and civil people here too. Hopefully you find it worth staying for and join in those conversations.
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
(Oscar Wilde)
Hi Larissa,

As card carrying member of the pompous asshole branch of the forum I welcome you. Wink
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Well, so far you people don't seem so bad. Wink

Anyway, my area of interest so far is biological anthro, but I have a feeling it may change to archaeology. I am majoring in anthro for sure, I've never wanted to switch majors, and lately I have been thinking about minoring in Spanish (if it isn't too late, but I am taking my time as far as graduating goes, lol). I would really love to work as a curator in a museum one day, but I am keeping an open mind about other stuff, too.

I had more to say, but I forgot -- It is past my bed time.
Welcome Larisa...I hope I don't piss u off Wink

Welcome to the forums.

EvF
A warm welcome Larisa Smile

(July 8, 2009 at 12:50 am)padraic Wrote: EG direct insults are not permitted.

I thought that too.. but apparently not - go check out the rules. Kyu called me a moron directly and that's perfectly acceptable.
Personal attacks are not allowed; this does not include simple insults or offensive remarks. What it does cover is being intentionally aggressive towards another member, or insulting them simply to upset them.

Welcome to the forums, Larisahoohaa. We try to keep it as civilized as possible in here Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello there! ShinyCrystals 15 1210 September 1, 2023 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: galaxycliffnix
  Hello there! R-Farmer 32 2436 June 10, 2023 at 8:41 am
Last Post: R-Farmer
Big Grin Hello there! vytautas 14 1024 August 22, 2020 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5332 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello there EarnieBanks 5 849 May 18, 2019 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello there! Aliza 51 12192 July 21, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Hello there! YouOnlyLiveTwice 12 2278 July 4, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hello there Mr.Obvious 32 6649 May 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Hello there, I am new here. SuperSentient 18 3768 March 4, 2017 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello There! Just One More Irreligious Brat who Fell Out of Their Religion MrNoTheism 11 1640 October 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas