Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Ryan - liar liar pants on fire.
Paul Ryan - liar liar pants on fire.
Even Fox News had a pop at his outrageous lies at the RNC.

Quote:In a surprising move, Fox News joined CNN, The Huffington Post, the Washington Post's Wonkblog, and ThinkProgress in publishing a fact-check of the Republican vice presidential nominee's speech, finding that the speech was full of lies and misleading assertions.

Quote:In her column, Kohn called out four lies in Ryan's speech. She critcized Ryan for blaming President Obama for the shutdown of a General Motors plant in Janesville, Wis., that actually was closed during the Bush administration. She also knocked Ryan for pinning the blame for S&P's downgrade of U.S. debt on Obama, when Republicans in Congress helped precipitate the downgrade by threatening to refuse to raise the debt ceiling.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30...42580.html
RE: Paul Ryan - liar liar pants on fire.
"Checks the sky for porcine aviators."
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
The man is clearly fucked in the head. Who runs for presidency of any sort but claims he likes Rage Against the Machine?

That's a level of Cognitive Dissonance that requires medication.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
The motor plant ceased production of SUVs in 2008. It didn't shut down its doors until 2009.

See, the thing that gets me here is that you didn't actually get the facts. You didn't learn when the plant shut down--the dates, the numbers, and so on. You just heard someone else say something about it, and went with it.

And Jaysyn applauds wildly, of course, having not bothered to learn the facts himself either. It's kind of sad to see.

(August 30, 2012 at 1:10 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: The man is clearly fucked in the head. Who runs for presidency of any sort but claims he likes Rage Against the Machine?

That's a level of Cognitive Dissonance that requires medication.

So I guess an atheist can't like the Hallelujah chorus?
“The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.”
He likes the pretty noises Summer..derp derp.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
If you're talking about Jeff Buckley's rendition of Hallelujah, the problem with the comparison is that's a love song, not a religious song. I happen to love it.

Rage Against the Machine is anti-establishment. If you're running for the establishment, don't be all "Oh, I love anti-establishment music". It makes you look like a douche.

My opinion. Suck it.

(August 30, 2012 at 1:13 pm)Rhythm Wrote: He likes the pretty noises Summer..derp derp.

The fact that Dee Snyder came out and told him off for using HIS music is a point I find profoundly amusing. When other old rich guys think you're nuts, you need a sit-down.
(August 30, 2012 at 1:15 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Suck it.

aaaaaasss....yoouuuuuuuuu........wishhhhhhhhhhh

(August 30, 2012 at 1:15 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: The fact that Dee Snyder came out and told him off for using HIS music is a point I find profoundly amusing. When other old rich guys think you're nuts, you need a sit-down.

Agreed.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
lol, I love you too, Irish. Wink
(August 30, 2012 at 1:10 pm)CliveStaples Wrote: The motor plant ceased production of SUVs in 2008. It didn't shut down its doors until 2009.

Talk about missing the point. So the janitors & (some of) the management got to work another year? BFD. Mothballing an office takes a little while, I imagine a factory takes a bit longer.

(August 30, 2012 at 1:10 pm)CliveStaples Wrote: And Jaysyn applauds wildly, of course, having not bothered to learn the facts himself either. It's kind of sad to see.

How about a nice tall glass of "shut the fuck up" you god-bothering imbecile.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Seriously - the Republican party has made a mockery of itself now for how long? At least the past 20 years?

Sometimes even touching the hot stove isn't enough to inform those that Darwin left behind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 9719 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Spark the fire. Brian37 1 235 December 11, 2020 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Trump under fire for racially-charged tweets against congresswomen zebo-the-fat 151 9152 August 10, 2019 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Paul Manafort fredd bear 21 3184 March 10, 2019 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Paul Krugman Called It Minimalist 38 6014 October 22, 2018 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Oops. Fucked Up Again, Paul Minimalist 2 559 May 18, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rand Paul Caves Like The Useless Shit He Is Minimalist 7 1647 April 23, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Unbelievable! Paul Ryan praises $1.50/week tax cut! Jehanne 14 2516 February 6, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Losing respect for Rand Paul shadow 127 10864 February 4, 2018 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Trump: Fire and Fury TwoKnives99 4 954 January 5, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Shell B