Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings!
Greetings!
Hello everyone! I am 16, and used to be a die-hard christian, until I reached the "age of reason", to quote George Carlin. I went to a christian private school and went to church every sunday.

Now, I am thoroughly disgusted with the opiate of the masses, and my peers know me to be a fierce attacker of religion. I'm sick and tired of all these religious nuts trying to convert me and telling me I'm going to hell. And I'm extremely frustrated that bright, intelligent people believe in an invisible man in the sky.

Anyway, glad to be here and I look forward to posting more!
RE: Greetings!
Welcome to the forum Bucket,

I was a Christian when I was 16 so I was one of the evangelizers you would have loathed. While I didn't actively proselytize, I did take every opportunity to answer people's questions with my religious spin because I felt "called" to assist people. I didn't try to shoehorn God into conversation but what is a segue to some might appear as a shoehorn to others.

I am atheist now, praise Atheos(Smileblessed be his nameWorship), and haven't decided whether it is good to proselytize or just hope that everyone figures out that religion is a waste of head space.

Rhizo
Actually "opiate of the masses" is a misquote. The full quote is "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people", which is of course shortened to "opium of the people".

*the more you know!

Anyway, welcome to the forums Big Grin My hobbies include not believing in god, not riding unicorns, and pointing out interesting (but ultimately useless) misquotes to people on the internets.

-Adrian
Greetings bucket & welcome
(July 13, 2009 at 12:20 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Actually "opiate of the masses" is a misquote. The full quote is "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people", which is of course shortened to "opium of the people".

*the more you know!

Anyway, welcome to the forums Big Grin My hobbies include not believing in god, not riding unicorns, and pointing out interesting (but ultimately useless) misquotes to people on the internets.

-Adrian

Ah, my apologies. I have been misinformed, it would seem. Thank you good sir for enlightening me.

Thank you all for welcoming me!
'Ello Smile

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Greetings. Welcome to the forums Bucket! Enjoy your stay.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 782 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1197 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Greetings deleted 6 815 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1296 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1266 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greetings everyone h311inac311 11 1293 May 5, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Greetings...... PabloTescobar 22 2804 September 15, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Greetings. Impaler here. impaler 12 1028 August 27, 2020 at 6:14 pm