Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children failed yet again by senior church figures
Children failed yet again by senior church figures
Full Story Here

Opening statement: -

Quote:ANALYSIS: It is risible for a bishop to suggest he thought in the early 1990s that the sex abuse of a child was ‘a friendship that crossed a boundary’, writes PATSY McGARRY

ANYBODY WHO believed, even hoped, that the Catholic Church in Ireland had passed the peak of its clerical child sex abuse crisis must be in despair. The findings in the seven reviews of child protection practices in four dioceses and three religious congregations published yesterday were “disappointing”, said Ian Elliott, with remarkable restraint.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Children failed yet again by senior church figures
Cue the Catholic apologists to yell, "But it's such a small percentage of priests that are doing it!"

Then why all the trouble cleaning it up?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Then of course we have that idiot who recently claimed that ...
"I was seduced by an under aged child"

Not one but many times?? Confusedhock:
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Shades of Lolita eh? Except that this particular Lolita probably had a penis..amiright?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm sure Min posted it all

http://ivarfjeld.wordpress.com/2012/09/0...g-priests/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/29...40900.html

Sorry Rhythm but I don't get the Lolita reference.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1241 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1135 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 1988 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 9152 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2551 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 15193 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27284 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Protection for Children The Valkyrie 0 836 August 24, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Vatican Children's Hospital showcasing something besides excellence in child care vorlon13 14 3457 July 19, 2017 at 1:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  And Yet, They Work For A Fucktard Like Ham Minimalist 22 3224 July 18, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie