Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheetah Robot
Cheetah Robot
Engineering blows me away sometimes, but something about this freaks me out. It also makes me think we're nothing special for some reason, in a way that complements my thoughts of there being no god.

Does anyone get similar feelings or...?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: Cheetah Robot
A tad bit freaky. Now we cannot catch them or out run them. UH OH!
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(September 8, 2012 at 9:58 am)IATIA Wrote: A tad bit freaky. Now we cannot catch them or out run them. UH OH!

Yeah. The comment with the most likes said something like 'today they are running fast. Tomorrow they are killing fast'.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
It puts a whole new light to the 'blue screen of death'.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(September 8, 2012 at 9:58 am)IATIA Wrote: A tad bit freaky. Now we cannot catch them or out run them. UH OH!

We can make it go even faster by grabbing that wire bundle umbilical cord through which it is attached to its static brain and power supply, and whirl it around over our heads a few times.

To be sure, this thing is not quite comparable to a faster car. It's more like a engine sitting on a testing bench turning a single wheel that happen to sit on a treadmill and saying whoa, that car is going 28 miles an hour!
I don't see any wheels on that thing Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robot Priest Unveiled in Wittenberg Rev. Rye 24 6594 June 26, 2017 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Robot Rights. Napoléon 28 10949 April 18, 2012 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  LittleDog Robot Tiberius 7 2796 September 6, 2011 at 6:38 am
Last Post: MilesTailsPrower