Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion says we're rebelling against God; Science finds differently.
Religion says we're rebelling against God; Science finds differently.
Interesting study I found the other day. Scientists are finding more and more legitimate differences in how the brains of transsexual people are constructed. In this case, a study was done to show very real, very legitimate differences in cortical thickness between brains in MtF transsexuals and males.

http://dbm.neuro.uni-jena.de/pdf-files/L...JBBS11.pdf

I love seeing this. I love that my life, my existence, they're being validated by real scientific research and findings. I love that we can say, with confidence, we come from something other than severe gender-related emotional trauma. Most of all, I love how we can use this to tell people no, being trans is NOT a choice, never has been and never will be; I honestly can't imagine why someone would 'choose' to be trans.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Religion says we're rebelling against God; Science finds differently.
I have never thought any different.

Some girls are just born in the wrong body. I think you and violet are girls.
I wonder if we'll ever devise medical methodology of fully re-sexing an individual beyond just the cosmetic. Like, ways to basically have a M2F develop eggs and to have the ability to get pregnant, stuff like that, so it's more than just merely cosmetic but it's a full-on, absolute change. It'd be rather interesting, wouldn't it?
(September 9, 2012 at 9:09 am)TaraJo Wrote: In this case, a study was done to show very real, very legitimate differences in cortical thickness between brains in MtF transsexuals and males.
Cue some twat to suggest a form of 'cortical shaving' as a cure...
Sum ergo sum
(September 14, 2012 at 9:53 am)Ben Davis Wrote:
(September 9, 2012 at 9:09 am)TaraJo Wrote: In this case, a study was done to show very real, very legitimate differences in cortical thickness between brains in MtF transsexuals and males.

Oh I'm sure no theist would be so brain dead as to suggest that.
I mean they'd have to realize that they'd get so heavily mocked for suggesting a procedure that would supposedly be altering Gods design easily as much as any sex change that by the time they were done it would be a full gone conclusion they would have not a drop of credibility left.
No, I'm sure there isn't anyone so dense as to put themselves through that whole tediously predictable trauma.

... *starts stopwatch*
:-)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Surely not ;-)

(September 14, 2012 at 9:53 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Cue some twat to suggest a form of 'cortical shaving' as a cure...
*Realises the irony of using a vernacular form of 'vagina' as an insult against pro-cis in a trans thread.
Sum ergo sum
(September 14, 2012 at 9:59 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: *starts stopwatch*

How many of these duff things are you pushing?
[Image: 19676.gif]
(September 14, 2012 at 9:59 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: Oh I'm sure no theist would be so brain dead as to suggest that.
I mean they'd have to realize that they'd get so heavily mocked for suggesting a procedure that would supposedly be altering Gods design easily as much as any sex change that by the time they were done it would be a full gone conclusion they would have not a drop of credibility left.
No, I'm sure there isn't anyone so dense as to put themselves through that whole tediously predictable trauma.

... *starts stopwatch*
:-)

*inhales, holds up index finger as if about to say something*

...um, no, there are places so dumb even I won't go.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
(September 14, 2012 at 9:53 am)Ben Davis Wrote:

Well, usually it's reparitive therapy, but they're both about the same: dangerous, damaging and pointless.

(September 14, 2012 at 11:21 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Surely not ;-)

(September 14, 2012 at 9:53 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Cue some twat to suggest a form of 'cortical shaving' as a cure...
*Realises the irony of using a vernacular form of 'vagina' as an insult against pro-cis in a trans thread.

Thinking Hmmmmm....... someone else who knows trans terminology well enough to use the term 'cis?' Interesting; now my curiousity is going crazy.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(September 14, 2012 at 11:27 am)jonb Wrote:
(September 14, 2012 at 9:59 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: *starts stopwatch*

How many of these duff things are you pushing?
[Image: 19676.gif]

As many as it takes to feed my crippling heroine addiction.
Oh I'm just kidding, I'm already on the game for that.
This is just pocket money.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be closest regarding what life James Webb finds. highdimensionman 35 3130 May 24, 2022 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Life After Death Is Impossible, Says Scientist Fake Messiah 121 10248 February 23, 2021 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A Human says what? Brian37 37 3233 June 29, 2020 at 12:24 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Fox host says he 'hasn't washed hands in 10 years' zebo-the-fat 12 1564 February 20, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Science Creeps Closer To Fixing One of 'God's' Errors Minimalist 29 4276 February 24, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Science Takes Another Step To Putting God on Unemployment Minimalist 15 2947 March 15, 2017 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Nonpareil
Rainbow What science says about plant-based diets (Vegan) NeotericNinja 68 8422 May 23, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  One More Time - Science 1 God 0 Minimalist 10 2852 April 28, 2016 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Creationist finds fossils, still not convinced zebo-the-fat 16 4214 May 31, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Worom
  Air pollution causes cancer, world health authority says pocaracas 3 1350 October 17, 2013 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas