Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG! Ubuntu Linux Christian Edition. LOL
OMG! Ubuntu Linux Christian Edition. LOL
[Image: ubuntuce.png]

Ubuntu Christian Edition is a free, open source operating system geared towards Christians. It is based on the popular Ubuntu. Along with the standard Ubuntu applications,Ubuntu Christian Edition includes the best available Christian software. The latest release contains GnomeSword, a top of the line Bible study program for Linux based on the Sword Project. There are several modules installed with GnomeSword including Bibles, Commentaries, and Dictionaries. Ubuntu Christian Edition also includes fully integrated web content parental controls powered by Dansguardian. A graphical tool to adjust the parental control settings has also been developed specifically for Ubuntu Christian Edition. The goal of Ubuntu Christian Edition is not to bring Christianity to Linux but to bring Linux to Christians.

Ubuntu Christian Edition

ROFLOL Are this people serious?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

RE: OMG! Ubuntu Linux Christian Edition. LOL
Linus Torvalds Wrote:[I'm] completely a-religious—atheist ... I find that people seem to think religion brings morals and appreciation of nature. I actually think it detracts from both. It gives people the excuse to say, 'Oh, nature was just created,' and so the act of creation is seen to be something miraculous.

Yup. Silly indeed Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(September 9, 2012 at 10:25 am)Kayenneh Wrote:
Linus Torvalds Wrote:[I'm] completely a-religious—atheist ... I find that people seem to think religion brings morals and appreciation of nature. I actually think it detracts from both. It gives people the excuse to say, 'Oh, nature was just created,' and so the act of creation is seen to be something miraculous.

Yup. Silly indeed Big Grin

Also:

Celebrity Atheist List

and this is the full quote:
[Image: linus-torvalds.jpg]
Quote:I am an atheist. I find that people seem to think religion brings morals and appreciation of nature. I actually think it detracts from both. It gives people the excuse to say, ‘Oh, nature was just created’, and so the act of creation is seen to be something miraculous. I appreciate the fact that, ‘Wow, it’s incredible that something like this could have happened in the first place.’ I think we can have morals without getting religion into it, and a lot of bad things have come from organized religion in particular. I actually fear organized religion because it usually leads to misuses of power.

[Image: Richard-Stallman.jpeg]
Richard M. Stallman the creator of GNU kernel is also an atheist.If there wasnt for Stallman linux would never exist.

Quote:As an atheist, I don't follow any religious leaders, but I sometimes find I admire something one of them has said
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

That actually sounds rather useful. Good software and such for biblical studies can be expensive and hard to come by. On top of that, I could either run it in a VM, or, there's a way to run Ubuntu on top of Windows. Hey, free is good.

Which reminds me, a common banner ad on freethoughtblogs is for a "Protestant hard drive." I actually wouldn't mind having one, but they're several hundred dollars.

Ooh, bonus! I went to get the software, and chose torrent, and it redirected me to a site for Christian torrents. Score!

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote:Richard M. Stallman the creator of GNU kernel is also an atheist.If there wasnt for Stallman linux would never exist.
Bullshit.

If it weren't for Stallman, GNU Linux would never exist, but Linus developed Linux (the kernel) without Stallman. You can use the Linux kernel without any GNU applications.
Gnomes sword? Am I missing something? Why are they using a non-biblical mythical creature in the name? Why not Dragon or unicorn or righteous sword or something?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(September 10, 2012 at 3:50 am)Stue Denim Wrote: Gnomes sword? Am I missing something? Why are they using a non-biblical mythical creature in the name? Why not Dragon or unicorn or righteous sword or something?

Gnome is a desktop environment and graphical user interface that runs on top of the operating system and underneath the application software. Its purpose is to provide a consistent user interface based on modules which provide common services to the applications, such as drawing menus, providing file opening dialogs, and other common services that graphical applications require. Calling it Gnome Sword is thus akin to calling it, "Sword for Windows XP".

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 10, 2012 at 2:39 am)Tiberius Wrote:
Quote:Richard M. Stallman the creator of GNU kernel is also an atheist.If there wasnt for Stallman linux would never exist.
Bullshit.

If it weren't for Stallman, GNU Linux would never exist, but Linus developed Linux (the kernel) without Stallman. You can use the Linux kernel without any GNU applications.

In your zeal to be correct, you've become incorrect.

RMS worked on GCC well before Linux was started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Compiler_Collection

The userspace utilities offered by the GNU project was arguably pivotal to the Linux kernel succeeding against the BSD kernel and BSD userspace utilities.

However, even without the GNU userspace utilities, it can be verified that GCC was a significant part of allowing Linux kernel development to take off in allowing developers to code and deploy for no cost in a relatively complete package.

Compared to the various incomplete free compilers and the very costly commercial compilers, GCC was/is a godsend.

RMS also did emacs, but I don't care about emacs, so I won't elaborate.

But seriously, don't discount RMS or the effect he had on the growth of Linux, even if he is overbearing in his naming conventions.

Furthermore Tiberius, Linux pre-1.0 was derived from Andrew Tanenbaums MINIX book, line by line before Linus started to re-architect and develop it.

One does not develop computing revolutions in a vacuum.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OMG it's World Peace Day Ahriman 64 3163 September 23, 2023 at 6:08 am
Last Post: no one
  Pro Humble Brag - Parent Edition. The Grand Nudger 26 2083 March 15, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LoL, sometimes I wonder Foxaèr 3 464 May 2, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Losty
  Omg, Avicii died *Deidre* 18 1282 April 21, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  OMG, I keep getting mistaken for a woman. Brian37 20 5250 January 5, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Brian37
  LOL I wish this feature was real Edwardo Piet 7 1031 December 21, 2017 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  LOL, this religious forum is retarded Foxaèr 47 4569 October 31, 2017 at 6:22 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  lol, got my first warning on a religious forum Foxaèr 18 1895 October 23, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: c172
  AF Hall of Mirth (Post Edition) Jackalope 117 34682 December 4, 2016 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2126 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity