Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG, I keep getting mistaken for a woman.
OMG, I keep getting mistaken for a woman.
Not face to face, but over the phone. Even with my mom, when she was alive, over the years I would answer and her friends would say, "Hi Jane".

But no matter what business I call, 99% of the time when the associate responds to me they say, "Yes Mam".

He he he, oh well, what can you do. Big Grin

I just called Fed Ex because I am expecting a package. And just like Travelocity and Qantas, every single one of them said "Yes Mam" at first until I told them I was male.
RE: OMG, I keep getting mistaken for a woman.
Growing up, my sister was frequently getting mistaken for a boy. Once, we were accompanying my dad who was being interviewed by the legend Tony Butler (look him up) for BRMB radio, and after letting him through the security guard said to us "Are you two lads going up as well?"
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 26, 2017 at 6:38 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Growing up, my sister was frequently getting mistaken for a boy. Once, we were accompanying my dad who was being interviewed by the legend Tony Butler (look him up) for BRMB radio, and after letting him through the security guard said to us "Are you two lads going up as well?"

The irony, in my mom's old age, and her short hair, people would constantly mistake her for a man. 

ONE TIME though, that mistake almost got her assaulted at a Walmart.

My Mom is not one to back down. But when this happened she was in a electric scooter and got ahead of herself and didn't see a guy, and hit his leg. Of course that hurt him. She initially apologized, but the guy was young, skinhead, tatoos, and while his initial "HEY" was understandable, when she said "I am sorry" and he raised his voice to her, my mom's pride kicked in and she basically said, "I didn't hurt you get over it".

OH MY GOD, if it were not for my quick words stepping between him, profusely apologizing, and telling my mom at the same time "Let it go". I am very sure he would have took a swing at her, even her being in that chair.

His girlfriend also backed him up and I can tell you, both of them wanted a fight. 

My mom didn't mean to bump into him, but even with some people, it does not matter. But, even prior to that, I can tell you because of her deep voice and short hair, she got confused for being a man.

(December 26, 2017 at 6:38 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Growing up, my sister was frequently getting mistaken for a boy. Once, we were accompanying my dad who was being interviewed by the legend Tony Butler (look him up) for BRMB radio, and after letting him through the security guard said to us "Are you two lads going up as well?"

Thats what you get by allowing your children to witness you being interviewed by men in kilts.
Lol my ex husband had long white/blonde hair that went past his shoulders. One time in Best Buy we were holding hands and the employee came up behind us and asked "how are you ladies doing today?" When my husband turned around the employee stuttered his apologies. Reckon he gets a point for being so accepting when he thought we were lesbians lol
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(December 26, 2017 at 11:32 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: Lol my ex husband had long white/blonde hair that went past his shoulders. One time in Best Buy we were holding hands and the employee came up behind us and asked "how are you ladies doing today?" When my husband turned around the employee stuttered his apologies. Reckon he gets a point for being so accepting when he thought we were lesbians lol

To quote the famous Seinfeld episode, "Not that there is anything wrong with that."
(December 26, 2017 at 6:26 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Not face to face, but over the phone. Even with my mom, when she was alive, over the years I would answer and her friends would say, "Hi Jane".

But no matter what business I call, 99% of the time when the associate responds to me they say, "Yes Mam".

I just called Fed Ex because I am expecting a package. And just like Travelocity and Qantas, every single one of them said "Yes Mam" at first until I told them I was male.

Milk it. Service men will go the extra mile for a woman .. and maybe even for a guy that sounds like one.
(December 26, 2017 at 6:26 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Not face to face, but over the phone. Even with my mom, when she was alive, over the years I would answer and her friends would say, "Hi Jane".

There is a documentary "Do I Sound Gay?" (2014) about guys that sound like women and their conclusion is that usually when guys grow up with mostly women and girls they sound like one.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

I get wolf whistled more than I like when out for runs. I must run like a girl OR those blokes are very comfortable with their sexuality.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Brian, did you use the term "OMG" at any time? Tongue
J/K

OP reminds me of the scene from Aliens...

I get this a lot on the forums when i'm new and haven't posted a photo of myself yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OMG it's World Peace Day Ahriman 64 3251 September 23, 2023 at 6:08 am
Last Post: no one
  Getting to Know the Forum. Disagreeable 0 267 January 23, 2022 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Help keep the forum up and running. arewethereyet 3 606 December 31, 2020 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How to bring equality to man and woman. I have the solution Ramus932 4 551 June 13, 2020 at 9:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Where do i discuss about getting fit ? Megabullshit 109 5353 May 19, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Why do I keep having this same dream or at least a variation of it GODZILLA 13 1676 February 18, 2019 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Getting ready for winter. onlinebiker 21 1627 October 26, 2018 at 11:47 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2250 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  A woman proposes to a man Graufreud 13 1349 August 10, 2018 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  First World problems getting you down? We're here for support. ignoramus 68 7347 June 18, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball