Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 9:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Humble Brag - Parent Edition.
Pro Humble Brag - Parent Edition.
I'll kick it off.

My six year old has advanced from an estimated age of 3 to 5-and-a-half in reading..in just six weeks.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Pro Humble Brag - Parent Edition.
Big deal. I’m 49, but I read at a 53 year old level.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I read the first word my teacher ever put on the blackboard.

That was last week.
(March 12, 2020 at 1:26 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: I'll kick it off.

My six year old has advanced from an estimated age of 3 to 5-and-a-half in reading..in just six weeks.

Hookd on Fonix?

Truce 

That's pretty cool...is the child ever allowed to sleep?  That's quite a leap in such a short time.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

My son is going to college to be a veterinarian. I have about a million other brags for him, but right now, that's where he's at.
(March 12, 2020 at 4:10 pm)Shell B Wrote: My son is going to college to be a veterinarian. I have about a million other brags for him, but right now, that's where he's at.

Very cool!  I was nine when my dad graduated from vet school.  I enjoyed being the kid of a vet student and later a full DVM...going on farm calls with him, helping him spay dogs and cats.  Great way to learn anatomy and biology for a curious kid.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 12, 2020 at 4:13 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(March 12, 2020 at 4:10 pm)Shell B Wrote: My son is going to college to be a veterinarian. I have about a million other brags for him, but right now, that's where he's at.

Very cool!  I was nine when my dad graduated from vet school.  I enjoyed being the kid of a vet student and later a full DVM...going on farm calls with him, helping him spay dogs and cats.  Great way to learn anatomy and biology for a curious kid.

I hope his babies have the same experiences.
-Has to be self deprecating.

"I raised him as a wolf, but he's doing great as vet!"
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 12, 2020 at 1:26 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: I'll kick it off.

My cat wakes me up early in the AM and digs into my ear to tell me to feed him every day. I don't have kids.
As long as the price of kibble is lower than the price of electricity you'll have made a good investment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 938 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are you anything like your parent(s)? Foxaèr 27 2865 July 29, 2018 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Wink Time to brag about my project Clueless Morgan 14 3263 June 28, 2017 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  AF Hall of Mirth (Post Edition) Jackalope 117 34658 December 4, 2016 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Teenage surgery without parent's consent Catholic_Lady 75 10253 November 29, 2016 at 6:09 am
Last Post: rado84
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2121 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Never ending story (serious edition) robvalue 38 4403 September 14, 2016 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Photo Going to be brutally honest - BLM edition dyresand 26 2970 August 31, 2016 at 11:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Disability is no excuse to not parent BrokenQuill92 18 2047 August 14, 2016 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Joods
  OP/ED RANT... "You live in your parent's basment" Brian37 59 9464 May 1, 2016 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Brian37