Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foot in Mouth Disease
Foot in Mouth Disease
Since we haven't had a thread on the 2012 campaign for a few days...
Thoughts on Romney's foot in mouth problem? Did he really blow the election as is being discussed in several major news sources? Will people vote for Romney to prove they aren't dependent on the federal government? (a reverse psychology conspiracy theory I've been kicking around... don't really buy it, but you never know, Americans be dumb) Does it still on hinge on what happens to the economy between now and November?? Is Romney not worried because he's already stolen the election? Any and all thoughts welcome...
RE: Foot in Mouth Disease
I think that neither camps owners seem to be worried...and that makes me worried...lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I use to think no one can beat the democrats in losing elections. But it appears I was wrong. Democrats are losing hands down the race to lose the presidential and senate election.
From the majority of the polls I see, Romney has already lost. Faux News is the only poll that says he has an advantage over Obama, but even that poll gives him like 1%-2% advantage. Everyone else is giving Obama somewhere like a 5% advantage. All his flub did was throw a little extra gasoline onto the fire. Unless we have an eleventh hour surprise show up, I'd say we just get ready for another Obama term. However, with all the violence in the middle East right now, I can easily see something happening last minute.

Seriously, if the Republicans want to stay relevant, they need to drop their hostility towards immigrants/hispanic people. It's probably going to cost them Florida and in a decade or so it's probably going to cost them Texas, too, unless they change.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Badly run campaign against a less-badly run campaign. Romney's not going to make it.

Meh. I have nothing relevant to say, so I'll wander off topic while pretending to be on topic.

There was in the old days, a thing called Fidonet. It was a sort of internet forum before there really was an internet. The way it worked was, you post on your local system, and once posted, all the systems would swap the stuff just posted so they all got updated. (The information was broken up into chunks called 'packets', and this was called a packet network. Fidonet was a worldwide packet network.)

Anyway, long intro, but there was a common saying that originated about this time to describe such faux pas as the thread title mentions (I think it was at this time, anyway).

And that saying was: "Open mouth, insert foot, echo globally."

Kinda sounds like something ya might say today.

ETA: Oh, and, "They don't call it a November surprise because it shows up in September." The Fat Lady hasn't even entered the building.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Ah, I see I'm not the only Fidonet Echomail refugee around here. Big Grin
Calling the other side 'slackers' publicly usually isn't the best move to capture votes....

BEGIN ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION
TO: Fellow Europeans

Lets point and laugh

END ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION
What I would give for a British-style election... None of this drawn out BS, each side makes their points, hold the elections, done.
Too much money involved for that now, festive. Electioneering and putting each other in prison are the only growth industries we have left.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  30 foot Chicken Fireball 4 524 August 10, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Billionaire Asshole Shoots Off His Mouth Again Minimalist 48 15186 February 16, 2014 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  A Veteran Republicunt Dickhead Shoots His Mouth Off Again Minimalist 14 4039 July 25, 2013 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink thesummerqueen 14 4001 March 26, 2013 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  25,000 year old human foot prints found in Mexico Justtristo 37 8371 October 1, 2011 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: technophobe