Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus loves the racist stereotyped children
Jesus loves the racist stereotyped children
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWdPn8iFKo

I feel bad for laughing at this. Sad
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Jesus loves the racist stereotyped children
My left ear is grateful that it didn't have to hear that.

And obviously Jesus doesn't love people of Arabic descent Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(September 23, 2012 at 11:42 am)Kayenneh Wrote: And obviously Jesus doesn't love people of Arabic descent Tongue

Jews or Indians, either.

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Thats almost as bad as Sarah Silvermans voice.
Not quite though.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(September 23, 2012 at 11:53 am)TaraJo Wrote: Jews or Indians, either.

Duh, Chinese people can very well depict all Asian people, they're all yellow after all. And hell no that Jesus would like Jews, for obvious reasons.

/sarcasm
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Why are the black kids grey?
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
I couldn't watch more than thirty seconds of this, and I'm still going to have nightmares.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 23, 2012 at 5:40 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I couldn't watch more than thirty seconds of this, and I'm still going to have nightmares.

Then all I can tell you is that it got worse.

Or better, if you're watching it as one of those things that's so horribly outdated and racist that it's funny.

(September 23, 2012 at 11:53 am)TaraJo Wrote:
(September 23, 2012 at 11:42 am)Kayenneh Wrote: And obviously Jesus doesn't love people of Arabic descent Tongue

Jews or Indians, either.

Or Turks for that matter. But I believe that this video was made for people who live in America, where race issues are dealt with outdated racial classifications. So there has to be an african, a yellow chinaman, a "white" person, and a red indian. Why would they have hindustanis, eskimos or maoris on that show, I can't really tell. Besides, arabs fall under the "caucasian" cathegory in America I believe, so it doesn't matter.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I think we did a version of this puppet show using this very sound track! Oh, and The Jews Indians (dots and feathers) were all lumped in with 'red.' Although some versions included 'brown' between black and red.
Wink

When this hymn/poem was written (late 1800's) race was a big issue in the church (look at the mormon doctrine of that time, and what Joesph Smith had to say.) Even in christ centered Churches one had to be white to benfit fully from the body of believers of that time. This song really shook up the establishment and was bann from many established denominations.

This is just another example of mans ever changing morality. 100 years ago this song was being smashed by the self righteous for being too liberally minded forcing them to look at their 'doctrines' of exclusion. but, now the oppsite is true. Now the song is too racists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1135 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 1998 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 9165 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Catholic priests jailed for abusing deaf children zebo-the-fat 14 2554 November 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27292 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Protection for Children The Valkyrie 0 837 August 24, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Vatican Children's Hospital showcasing something besides excellence in child care vorlon13 14 3464 July 19, 2017 at 1:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Teach children about Jesus at a young age, Foxaèr 171 29212 March 22, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Theists teaching children Foxaèr 20 2423 March 14, 2016 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Little children who died without Baptism go to eternal Hell?! Jehanne 34 6050 February 29, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Whateverist