Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Does Atheism and Left-Wing Politics Usually Go Together?
Why Does Atheism and Left-Wing Politics Usually Go Together?
Why are most atheists hard-core leftists who want to turn our nation into a European nanny state?

Atheists claim to be "free thinkers" and yet they fight for more and more control of every aspect of our lives until there is no freedom left for any of us.

Kind of a contradiction if you ask me.
RE: Why Does Atheism and Left-Wing Politics Usually Go Together?
Source? Your reductionist bullshit is hilarious. Do you really believe this stuff or are you just fucking with me? Lol
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(September 25, 2012 at 11:57 pm)Blackrook Wrote: Why are most atheists hard-core leftists who want to turn our nation into a European nanny state?

Atheists claim to be "free thinkers" and yet they fight for more and more control of every aspect of our lives until there is no freedom left for any of us.

Atheists tend to be democrats. Therefore, they want to take away all of your rights...no. Seperation of chirch and state is the real issue. It's a contradiction because we don't want to take away your rights. If we did, don't you think we would have, here, on this forum, where we could?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(September 26, 2012 at 12:01 am)Darkstar Wrote:
(September 25, 2012 at 11:57 pm)Blackrook Wrote: Why are most atheists hard-core leftists who want to turn our nation into a European nanny state?

Atheists tend to be democrats. Therefore, they want to take away all of your rights. Seperation of chirch and state is the real issue. It's a contradiction because we don't want to take away your rights. If we did, don't you think we would have, here, on this forum, where we could?

The Democrats are officially the political party that hates God, as could be seen when they booed God at the Democratic National Convention.

And we all have had such wonderful experiences with political parties that hate God.

Like the Nazis and the Communists.
LOL! Did Bill O'Reily tell you that?
(September 26, 2012 at 12:06 am)Blackrook Wrote: The Democrats are officially the political party that hates God, as could be seen when they booed God at the Democratic National Convention.

And we all have had such wonderful experiences with political parties that hate God.

Like the Nazis and the Communists.

One last time: Nazis love god!
http://www.nobeliefs.com/speeches.htm
http://www.secularhumanism.org/library/f..._23_4.html
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(September 26, 2012 at 12:07 am)Annik Wrote: LOL! Did Bill O'Reily tell you that?

No, I saw it myself.

The Democratic party platform did not mention God even one time.

The Democratic leaders realized this was a P.R. disaster, so they made a motion on the floor to add God to the platform.

The motion was rejected by voice vote three times because so many Democrats in the audience yelled "no" to God.

So finally, the chairman declared that the motion was passed any way, and after that Democrats were booing.
Generally, atheists side with democrats more because so many of the Republicans want to enforce religious dogma on us as law. Why would we support politicians who want to enforce other peoples' religious beliefs on us?

That being said, while most atheists I've met don't support Republicans for the reasons I mentioned, there's still enough of a divide between us on economic issues that there are a lot of Libertarians here. I don't agree with their political views on economics, but they can at least usually provide an intelligent basis for those beliefs and I can respect them for that.

Personally, I side with the Democrats but only reluctantly. I want to see a party that's going to be serious about protecting us from abuses by corporate elites and when that party comes around, I'm jumping on board ASAP.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(September 26, 2012 at 12:19 am)TaraJo Wrote: Generally, atheists side with democrats more because so many of the Republicans want to enforce religious dogma on us as law. Why would we support politicians who want to enforce other peoples' religious beliefs on us?

That being said, while most atheists I've met don't support Republicans for the reasons I mentioned, there's still enough of a divide between us on economic issues that there are a lot of Libertarians here. I don't agree with their political views on economics, but they can at least usually provide an intelligent basis for those beliefs and I can respect them for that.

Personally, I side with the Democrats but only reluctantly. I want to see a party that's going to be serious about protecting us from abuses by corporate elites and when that party comes around, I'm jumping on board ASAP.

Well, if you vote Democratic this year you are voting for another four years of high unemployment, business failures, mortgage foreclosures, and out of control spending.

But I guess that's ok with you to keep some kid from praying in school.
[Image: boy-that-escalated-quickly.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2430 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 7012 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4782 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 328 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 2125 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 775 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 489 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1323 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  [Serious] When you left theism, did you go Left? zwanzig 34 2212 April 22, 2021 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 981 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal