Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:50 am

Poll: Marijuana
This poll is closed.
Legalize it.
97.50%
39 97.50%
Penalize all marijuana users.
0%
0 0%
Other, see my post.
2.50%
1 2.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana Baby Steps
Marijuana Baby Steps
Slowly (very slowly) but surely marijuana gets decriminalized.

Kalamazoo, Michigan as of tonight.

Quote:Kalamazoo currently does not prosecute marijuana use or possession as an offense under city ordinance. As a statutory offense under state law, it is a misdemeanor that carries with it a penalty of one year imprisonment or a $2,000 fine, or both. If the ordinance is passed by the city commission, offenders would serve 93 days in jail or pay a $100 fine, or do both.

As of tonight, this has changed significantly. The city council passed it tonight and in 10 days it takes effect. Although, marijuana is a long way from being legal, this is a huge step in the right direction and it will help set a major precedent for future cities in the state of Michigan.

Quote:The KDPS believes that enforcing the offense (1 oz. marijuana possession) as an ordinance with a lower penalty and permitting issuance of an appearance ticket in lieu of making an actual custodial arrest will be a better use of law enforcement resources.

Whiskey, wine, beer, vodka, tequila, Vicodin, etc etc. ... all legal. Marijuana should be too. MHO
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Marijuana Baby Steps
Yes, legalize all recreational drugs, require medical prescriptions from a doctor but without requiring an ailment, tax it heartily like cigarettes, treat misuse like alcohol, and demonize it like tobacco.

But don't offer me any. I'm just an occasional drinker of wine/beer, nothing more.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
I have skepticism about Michigan's laws involving marijuana. Even our medicinal marijuana laws are quite strict. A friend of mine contracted first stage breast cancer, and used medicinal to help. Shortly afterwards the state eliminated all stores that sold the medicinal marijuana, requiring a patient to find a grower, someone sanctioned by the state to grow MM, and the patient can get it only from them. Edibles and other means of ingesting are no longer allowed to be sold in stores.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
13 years of prohibition should say all that need be said.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(October 1, 2012 at 10:46 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I have skepticism about Michigan's laws involving marijuana. Even our medicinal marijuana laws are quite strict. A friend of mine contracted first stage breast cancer, and used medicinal to help. Shortly afterwards the state eliminated all stores that sold the medicinal marijuana, requiring a patient to find a grower, someone sanctioned by the state to grow MM, and the patient can get it only from them. Edibles and other means of ingesting are no longer allowed to be sold in stores.

agreed.

Like I said it is a very slow process. None the less, this is a good step, and at least your friend with cancer can still get weed legally, even if the state made it slightly more difficult.
[Image: Evolution.png]

I live in Massachusetts. It's already decriminalized here. Of course, I'm sure that is because they love handing out the fines that come with decriminalization. They don't call us Taxachusetts for nothing.
I voted to legalize it, but only for marijuana produced domestically.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Okay for users.
No for sale and production.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I really have no idea how long it will take for it to become legal over here. If you guys decriminalise it more over there, then our government are sure to follow... So, get your act together, America! Tongue
Cunt
I use to live where a trip to Amsterdam could be accomplished with a 3 hour trainride, spending only between 60 or 120 Euros to go and return. While doing so, wishing for Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht and others simply to come and stay in Germany the next time.
And I dont think it`s going to take long. The general political sentiment within Germany is moving towards the left, and the Czech Republic recenty made the great step of, in legal terms, tolerating the private ownership of consumabe amounts of pot, LSD, ex and cocke for non distributional purposes. So selling isn`t legal, and you (as one may expect) can own more pot than cocke, ex and acid. The law was basicaly changed to decriminalise the consume and to concentrate lawinforcement resurces on fighting the illegal market, but the debate arround the legalisition of pot is certainly going on in the Czech Republic.
Evean nations such as konservative Poland have recently started debating their druglaws.
I see a great future for Europe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOP goes from "anchor baby" to "chain migration'. Brian37 23 3635 January 15, 2018 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  How to Create a Gun-Free America in 5 Easy Steps KUSA 13 2450 October 10, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Why are women in the US relegated to being baby factories? Raven 10 2148 January 11, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Obama Hates Medical Marijuana And He Doesn't Care What The States Think Big Blue Sky 50 12555 June 29, 2013 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Darth
  Woman flushes her baby down the toilet! ideologue08 42 25760 May 31, 2013 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  NY Assemblyman votes against legalization of marijuana then gets busted with marijuana TaraJo 10 2961 March 25, 2013 at 3:13 am
Last Post: Violet
  Complications within the marijuana debate TaraJo 6 2431 March 24, 2013 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Outrage at parents who 'blacked up' baby to look like football star Mario Balotelli xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx 0 1396 March 3, 2013 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx
  Nation wide legalization of marijuana may be in the works. TaraJo 18 4517 February 10, 2013 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Washington State legalizes marijuana for adults. Jackalope 50 12174 December 16, 2012 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13