Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syrian civil war, conclusions and solutions
Syrian civil war, conclusions and solutions
I`ll start by asking should Turkey put an end to the Assad regime using it`s army?
RE: Syrian civil war, conclusions and solutions
I think that until you deal with the underlying problems in the Middle East, it won't matter how many regimes you put an end to; warfare will still continue.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Stop funding the rebels.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(October 4, 2012 at 10:18 am)Polaris Wrote: Stop funding the rebels.

Why?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Stop funding any of them....they all hate us anyway....we can use those $billions over here in our own country.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(October 4, 2012 at 11:46 am)A Theist Wrote:
Stop funding any of them....they all hate us anyway....we can use those $billions over here in our own country.

As long as our nation continues to be addicted to petroleum, we're going to have a vested interest in Middle East politics.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I do believe Turkey should invade Syria.
Turkey to me is the bright shining star of the middle east. It`s a secular Republic, it`s constitution and laws are not made on the basis of religious texts, it`s economic groath is amazing, it`s human rights issues (although still existing) are getting less by the year and it has abolished the death penalty.
I was thrilled when Recep Erdogan, who is a islamist, spoke at thair square after the egyptian revolution and clearly said that what egypt needs now is not a religious state but a secular republic.
In the current syrian conflict, the hole left, when no one supported the rebells was filled with Saudi money and Saudi idiology. The place is fludded with salafists of the worst kind. To make things eaven worse the conflict has changed, from a conflict wich was about deposing a tyrant to a secterian\ethnical conflict; sunis, shias, alawites, salafists, kurds, christains are currently fighting each other or with each other. Eaven if Assad will be deposed I fear a Youguslavia war scenaro, in wich the most powerfull faction will start massacring the smaller weaker ones. So eaven if Assad is deposed, a foreign military mission would probably be necessery to prevent a reigniting conflict between ethnicities and sects.
Why Turkey? First of, because it can. It is a Nato member, therefor has modern military equiptment. It has been fighting insurgents for years aswell as training for a possible war with greece - therefor is expirienced.
Second turkish troops wouldn`t be met with as much resistance as western troops.
third Turkey as a secular Republic would be a great rolemodel for the middle east.

I believe the argument, that we would help islamists by not intercepting is invalid, since the islamist salafists would get power anyway when Assad is deposed, and if Assad remains in power he will be nothing but a pupet of islamist Iran.
Don't invade territory you do not intend to annex, for serious.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(October 4, 2012 at 3:52 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: Don't invade territory you do not intend to annex, for serious.

who except for the chinese and North Korea want to annex land in todays world?
(October 4, 2012 at 3:54 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote:
(October 4, 2012 at 3:52 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: Don't invade territory you do not intend to annex, for serious.

who except for the chinese and North Korea want to annex land in todays world?

Anyone who wants cheap resources. Gas companies? Not one of those people. America? Depending on them.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudan: The real cause behind the war WinterHold 4 495 June 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3266 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump declaring civil war, turning to global WW3 WinterHold 19 912 November 9, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Civil Rights. Gawdzilla Sama 12 922 October 20, 2020 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 956 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The proxies of today are the world war of tomorrow WinterHold 6 1110 April 29, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  War is nonsense and manipulation and there is no reason to fight? Interaktive 47 3314 March 31, 2019 at 9:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nukes: post your imagined scenario of the next war WinterHold 46 3310 February 24, 2019 at 4:28 pm
  ISIS is the Sauds. The Sauds own ISIS. It's America's cold war gift. WinterHold 15 6507 February 5, 2019 at 4:14 am
  Start a war, save your Presidency? Jehanne 10 1836 May 12, 2018 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist