Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who won the debate last night?
Who won the debate last night?
I thought Obama would out class Romney but I think just the opposite happened. Obama looked uncomfortable. looking he did not want to be there . For some reason he did not fight back. To me that me that was a bad strategy. Romney was confident, he came out fighting. Obama barely defended his policies
Wonder how the polls will look.

Manowar
RE: Who won the debate last night?
CNN poll has 25% of people giving the debate to Obama... But Romney had that shiz on lockdown... It was sad, I thought Obama would do better too.
Me too. Very disappointing. Romney did very well.

Romney has no problem getting his foot in his mouth out on the stump. He really let me down. Guess Obama can't wait for Romney to do himself in.
The whole time I was watching, I was itching to see what the fact-checkers were saying, but I wanted to focus on the debate... Now I must go check out what the fact-checkers said...
Of course Romney was confident. He's a pompous snake oil salesman. He spent the entire night acting as if all of the success in Massachusetts was thanks to him. Guess what? We've had good schools since the 17th century, Mitt. Go fuck yourself. I liked that Obama didn't get all hiffy. If his strategy is to sit back and let Romney bury himself, he is sure to walk away a winner.
I didn't watch. I was out of fucks to give.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Obama should have nailed him for not putting out details. On top of already having no details on the table, he started the debate by withdrawing from the few details he actually had put out there, namely the tax decreases and military spending increases.

It really makes for an uneven field when Obama is on record for what he has in fact done while Romney declares what improvements he would put in place without detailing how any of them would be brought about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C22wBf2h...=g-all-lik
(October 4, 2012 at 1:44 pm)Shell B Wrote: I liked that Obama didn't get all hiffy. If his strategy is to sit back and let Romney bury himself, he is sure to walk away a winner.

There's still too much time and the gap in poll numbers is still too narrow. Obama is going to have to take at least some initiative to prevent Romney from rallying. Rmoney has done a lot to hurt his own chances, but I don't feel comfortable with Obama getting the idea that he can rely on his opponent to accidentally tell the truth when he thinks nobody is looking. His standing is just not strong enough with voters to play that kind of game.
Didn't watch it. Yankees were clinching the American League east by beating the shit out of fucking Boston.

Couldn't miss that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raising the minimum wage won't help Foxaèr 156 7959 June 16, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I Know This Won’t Come As A Shock BrianSoddingBoru4 13 823 February 15, 2021 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Political debate via meme Foxaèr 287 22326 November 4, 2020 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Anyone watch tonight's debate? Brian37 19 877 October 23, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Figbash
  Why I Might Watch The Next 'Debate' BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1721 October 22, 2020 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump vs Biden debate WinterHold 95 6422 October 3, 2020 at 12:39 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  New ‘Debate’ Format Suggestions BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1081 October 1, 2020 at 8:41 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Anyone watch last night's debate? Brian37 9 868 September 30, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1115 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Why Red Flag Laws Won't Work. onlinebiker 203 10367 August 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama