Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windshore Project
Windshore Project
"Massive offshore wind project could generate 70,000 new jobs"

http://grist.org/business-technology/mas...-new-jobs/

"In May of 2011, our David Roberts deemed the Atlantic Wind Connection “a Big Deal.” His capitalization. The project, funded in part by Google’s energy-focused subsidiary, would install a massive transmission backbone along the Eastern seaboard connected to a series of offshore wind farms.

And according to a new estimate commissioned by project backers, it could create more than 70,000 new jobs."

"This doesn’t include the jobs that will be created at gas stations as anti-wind activists drive up and down the coast protesting children." (http://grist.org/wind-power/americans-fo...ying-kids/)
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Windshore Project
aslong as this is nothing else but a enviormentalists wet dreams, and there is no actual funding, planing or eaven the will to build it, behind it, well it`s useless
....wow...shit has to start somewhere.
(October 11, 2012 at 5:04 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: ....wow...shit has to start somewhere.

Usually with the bible.
Windshore Project
It's better than coal or natural gas. I hope it works.
I'm just sayin', don't knock a fuckin' idea just because it isn't fully realized yet. Things don't spring forth like Athena from Zeus' head.
There's a shit load of wind power being generated here in Texas. Almost 10% of the state's power currently comes from wind, and there are at least 3 big wind farms on the coast between Rockport and Brownsville.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
I drove to San Antonio and back to Corpus Christi today. On I-37 during the trip up I passed eight trucks each hauling one huge frickin blade for a wind turbine. Man those things are big.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Yeah they are. I've passed a few articles today about "Big Wind". I ought to go back and read them and add them here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Multiple Sclerosis Map: my latest web project WinterHold 22 2979 October 4, 2019 at 10:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Help With Electric Project for Alzhimerz Jenny A 49 4335 March 15, 2017 at 8:41 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Thank god, I finished this MVC project finally ! WinterHold 6 1190 April 4, 2015 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  venus project stonedape 2 857 October 28, 2014 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: stonedape
  Compressor Educational [Mini project] Marsellus Wallace 7 1648 July 13, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Google Project Glass Paul the Human 11 3316 April 7, 2012 at 9:43 am
Last Post: fuckass365