Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anarchism
Anarchism
I am an anarcho-capitalist. Not sure as to what that is?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism

There are many different forms of anarchy & they can be found on the link below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchism

Here are a few videos that will make for some good discussion, too!

[youtube]OsijhLCzEZ8[/youtube]

[youtube]8kPyrq6SEL0&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]tE9dZATrFak&feature=related[/youtube]

[Image: 012_zpsef27104d.jpg]

"No man’s life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session."
-Mark Twain (1866 )

Discuss!
"One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."
- Marquis de Sade
RE: Anarchism
I don't live in the world that these videos describe. In my world, absolute power corrupts absolutely and without some uniform body to enforce or regulate unified rules, people (particularly the poor) would suffer.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
[Image: libertarianism-anarchy-for-rich-people.gif]
Anarchy. Ha ha ha.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(October 20, 2012 at 12:05 pm)Annik Wrote: I don't live in the world that these videos describe. In my world, absolute power corrupts absolutely and without some uniform body to enforce or regulate unified rules, people (particularly the poor) would suffer.

How is that any different than what your country has now?
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Well... Those are some interesting videos...
I understand your view of government as an authority and that you value individualism over any form of authority. But practically, I don't see how any of these ideas would even begin to work.
Businesses and corporations are solely motivated by generating profits. They are inherently non-alturistic or motivated to aid in the common good.
What about people who do not have the means to hire one of these private security firms? Should they simply become easily targeted victims of crime because they can't afford to hire someone to protect them? What would be more likely to occur is they would obtain their own weapons and defend themselves as necessary, not exactly a world I would enjoy living in. How would the streets get fixed? Sure I use the street in my neighborhood, but so do thousands of other people, I am not solely responsible for the maintenance costs of something that everyone uses. Would my neighbors and I have to get together and take up a collection to fix our local roads? What if one neighbor refuses to pay their share? Turn them over to a private security firm for forced payment or imprisonment? Private security intrinsically doesn't have legitimacy, because they are motivated by profit, not fairness or any standard rule of law.
I can appreciate being mistrustful of government, and certainly government should be held accountable and responsible to those they govern. However, let's look at a real world example of anarchy in action, Somalia. Cell phone service is cheap. There are no roads, no electricity (unless one owns their own generator, which most do not), no running water or sewage, no security (except if one pays a warlord for protection). It's not exactly the civil and utopian ideal expressed in these videos.
People, on the whole, suck, and are motivated by their own private interests. I don't see how any one person should be valued over another, simply because they have money and can afford access to what are essentially basic human necessities.
Individualism is a lie. Every individual depends on society, and society forms a government to govern and protect society from harm.
Who is a man who wishes to live his/her individual desires to the full, but tells society that it should bow it's head to every stupid form of behavior that this weird brand of individualism brings with it?
Anarchism is a dream, and it's adherents are asleep in the real world.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Wow... I never thought I'd agree with you, but I kinda do in this regard.
Friend, it's not just about anarchism. Anarchism in itself is filled with a purpose. I'd take an anarchist with a purpose and a dream, over a simple-minded hedonist every day.
Yeah, it's better to have such faith in humanity, even if it is unearned and outright counter to what we see everyday.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have made a new YouTube video about anarchism... FlatAssembler 18 1198 July 30, 2022 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I've Made a Video about Anarchism FlatAssembler 43 3179 October 24, 2019 at 7:46 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
Brick Why is Anarchism mostly taken as a joke? Zaphod Beeblebrox 30 11996 July 3, 2012 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Darth