Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween
Halloween
So, in preparation, and out of curiosity, what are y'all doing this all hallows? If you have costumes then do tell, party plans etc. aything interesting among af folks?
Religion is an attempt to answer the philosophical questions of the unphilosophical man.
RE: Halloween
dragging my children round the nieghbourhood to extort sweets out of people I otherwise never talk to

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 28, 2012 at 3:09 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: dragging my children round the nieghbourhood to extort sweets out of people I otherwise never talk to

So, just a normal year then? I thoroughly intend to scare off aforementioned children (not yours, mind you) not with scary costumes but with eggs and waterbombs. That'll teach 'em to beg Devil
Religion is an attempt to answer the philosophical questions of the unphilosophical man.
I already celebrated the holiday last night as Indiana Jones. Went out drinking downtown.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
The usual, kids, candy....and then.....illicit substances and general debauchery hopefully in the middle of nowhere until I pass out. I've got some things to say to the wind...lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Wore my costume to a party last night (Member photo thread).

Plan to spend Halloween itself watching movies that have become tradition - Young Frankenstein has the spotlight.

[Image: Young-Frankenstein-young-frankenstein-27...20-405.jpg]
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I'm not doing anything. I'm too poor and too busy for such things. Also: I am a wet blanket. Maybe next year when I'm not writing papers.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Kids are going to be vampires, either hubby or I will take them trick-or-treating with the other person staying home to give out candy. It's going to be a muddy halloween, I think hubby should do the trick-or-treating.
I didn't really grow up doing holloween. My family did it a little some years but it was never a serious holiday in my house. It was treated more like a minor holiday like valentines or st. Patrick's day. Now as an adult I don't do it all.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(October 28, 2012 at 6:40 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: I didn't really grow up doing holloween. My family did it a little some years but it was never a serious holiday in my house. It was treated more like a minor holiday like valentines or st. Patrick's day. Now as an adult I don't do it all.

BLASPHEMER!!! Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time for some Halloween shit. brewer 142 5394 November 4, 2023 at 4:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Happy Halloween! Cecelia 32 2684 November 1, 2020 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Scare people this Halloween by being Karen Foxaèr 5 588 October 20, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What are you doing for Halloween? SisterAgatha 54 7589 October 11, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Halloween candy you pass out, and candy you like to recieve vorlon13 26 4085 October 9, 2017 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Halloween is almost upon us - boo! Foxaèr 23 3769 October 7, 2017 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Halloween as a celebration of literature? ReptilianPeon 0 619 October 31, 2015 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Share your AF Halloween Costumes! Aroura 11 2431 October 27, 2015 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  My AF Halloween Costume, biotches Catholic_Lady 12 2889 October 24, 2015 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Favorite Halloween Ghost Stories BrokenQuill92 3 1309 October 22, 2015 at 1:10 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92