Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious hypocrisy...again *groan
Religious hypocrisy...again *groan
RETAILERS say Halloween is big business but churches insist it won't become more valued than Easter or Christmas.

Oooh I thought... This should be good. Aussies celebrating Halloween (which has only recently taken off in a big way here) 'bout bloody time too. Until I read ...

Quote:"The value of a festival is not how much chocolate or pumpkins you eat or how much money you spend", senior Anglican bishop Robert Forsyth said.
There's a significant difference between the two festivals, Bishop Forsyth said. "Halloween is a made-up festival about death, Easter is a real-world festival about life."

Full story .... Link

Sorry WTF?! Confused Fall

Now as we all know, The religious organisations in an effort to get "converts", rather than slaughtering the entire population opposing them, appropriated the "pagan festivals" as their own and rebranded them. Every blessed one of them.

I am left speechless as to the temerity of the religious hierarchy to call their silly rituals "real-life" and refer to pagan agricultural festivals as "made-up".

I have a suspicion about how the "Eight-fold" Year gave birth to our current holidays and how the religious organisations globally have utilised these basic yearly observances to bolster their own businesses. Any thoughts?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Religious hypocrisy...again *groan
I don't find that nearly as disturbing as the furry in your sig.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you would punish religious people for being religious? Ahriman 222 17690 May 2, 2022 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  I hate biting my tongue with hypocrisy. Brian37 4 559 June 6, 2018 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hatred And Hypocrisy At AF BrianSoddingBoru4 124 20653 July 17, 2015 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Miracle. Born again, again. I'm no longer atheist. Fruity 29 6244 November 3, 2013 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Hypocrisy in the Hollywood portrayal of overweight characters Tea Earl Grey Hot 8 2651 February 10, 2013 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Ann Romney's MS hypocrisy. Brian37 23 9664 September 8, 2012 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Polaris