Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hatred And Hypocrisy At AF
Hatred And Hypocrisy At AF
Ever since I was little, I've known I was different.  There was something that set me apart from the other kids.  For a long time, I couldn't define it, couldn't even articulate it.  As I moved into my early teens, it became clear:  I didn't care for pizza.

Naturally enough, I hid my difference from those around me.  It was difficult, as you might imagine.  Pizza take away, pizza adverts, pizzas in pubs, the freezer section crammed to the ceiling with pizza.  Oh, I tried, believe me - it's OK to be different, but I didn't want to be branded as some kind of pervert, so I made the effort.  I'd be hanging with friends and someone would invariably suggest pizza.  I'd go along, I wanted to 'fit it'.  But I was living a lie.

I 'came out' in my early 20s at uni.  My roommate asked, 'Want to go out for a slice?'  I demurred, tried to tell him that I'd already eaten, that I had other plans.  He persisted, and I finally told him that I don't like pizza.  His eyes went blank and cold, as if he was contemplating where to hide my corpse.  'What did you say?', he husked.  I repeated it, and he left without a word.  I never saw him again.

Coming out was hard, but I felt this tremendous burden had been lifted.  Now I could live as ME, I could be ME.  But I underestimated the level of antipizzaphobia in the world.  I was a pariah, an outcast.  And the I found AF.

Like most new members, I perused the site before posting anything.  I found lots of funny, intelligent, tolerant people, and I thought to myself, 'Here at last is a place where I can be accepted without judgment for who I am, not for what I decline to eat.  Imagine my shock and heartbreak - yes...heartbreak - when I came across the hate-filled comments of Cthulhu Dreaming, Parkers Tan and robvalue (people who I sincerely admire, btw) marginalizing me for my foodstyle.

People here talk a good game - equal rights for women, racial minorities, the LGBT community, blah blah blah.  But you're showing your true colours now, buncha judgey antipizzaphobes.

I've got news for you lot - there's more of us than you think.  Deny it all your like, but odds are that you've all got at least one antipizzaist in your family.  We aren't a threat to your kids, there's no antipizzaist 'agenda'.  We aren't even trying to deny pizza to those who like it.  We just want to be accepted for being genetically predisposed to dislike pizza.  Let us live our lives, raise our families.  Treat us as you would anyone else - we're not a threat to your way of life.

But keep fucking with us, and we will - make no mistake - launch our plan to poison the world's pepperoni supply.  You have been warned.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Hatred And Hypocrisy At AF
How can you be an antipizzaist when it is obviously the most delicious food item ever conceived? I'm sure you're just in your rebellious phase.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'm not antipizzaphobic... one of my best friends is an antipizzaist!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
You're just angry at pizza! What, did someone throw a pizza at you when you were young?

You just want to not eat pizza, even though you like it. Tell me where you live, I'm going to blow the whole town up.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Why do you choose that lifestyle? Accept Pizzus Crust into your heart and you will see the light.
Being an apizzaist is illogical anyways because you can't prove it. If you have any integrity you can only be an apizzagnostic

Also apizzaism is clearly contradicted by the latest discoveries of gastronomy and many leading gastrophysicists are pizzaists.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

See?  Hate, hate, hate.   But I've heard it all before:  'The right pesto could change your mind.'  'Have you tried food re-assignment counseling?' 

Can't you just accept our differences and let us live our lives?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Boru, your argument makes no sense!
It's thin based circular reasoning.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hatred of pizza will destroy society as we know it. It's a slippery slope from hatred of pizza to all pasta dishes and then all hell will break lose in our society. For the love all that is good, Boru, think of the children and eat a slice of pizza.
(June 29, 2015 at 4:48 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: But keep fucking with us, and we will - make no mistake - launch our plan to poison the world's pepperoni supply.  You have been warned.

Boru

And here I waited until I read the your whole pizza denying screed to inquire if you'd tried pepperoni pizza.  Obviously you have issues but I can't believe you don't love pepperoni, my particular denomination of pizza worship.  Frankly I think you are just angry with pizza, pepperoni only knows why.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I hate biting my tongue with hypocrisy. Brian37 4 559 June 6, 2018 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My Hatred Of Rednecks... Mechaghostman2 112 7080 September 29, 2016 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Hatred LastPoet 10 2498 August 26, 2013 at 10:08 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Hypocrisy in the Hollywood portrayal of overweight characters Tea Earl Grey Hot 8 2650 February 10, 2013 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Religious hypocrisy...again *groan KichigaiNeko 1 917 October 29, 2012 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Spectrum
  Ann Romney's MS hypocrisy. Brian37 23 9664 September 8, 2012 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Polaris