Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WTF Atheists!?
WTF Atheists!?
It seems like Atheism is turning into a hispter thing on the internet and it's really pissing me of. Everywhere I read shit about Atheists it's all about how clever they are, how much they know about everyone and lots of "clever" comments dissing each other. The more clever your comment is, the more scenepoints you score. Really? Is that what Atheism is turning into? The worse thing is that they are actually pissing me of more then most of the relegious people at the moment. No need to go on about it. A true Atheist doesn't need to disprove shit to other people. If you really want relegion to go away, stop fucking talking about it. Isn't that the whole point?
Now I'm not attacking this forum obveously. At least there is some people with brains on here that I like to read threads from.
RE: WTF Atheists!?
Maybe you should push for global blasphemy laws, that way atheists will never be able to challenge religious bullshit ever again. Confused Fall
The internet is ruled by atheists. Not joking. It really is.

Also,
Quote:"Hipster" is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else's authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you've probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can't define what "that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle" actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That's because you don't use "hipster" to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren't for your own insecurities, nothing that a "hipster" could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - "Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I'm certainly not like those filthy hipsters!" - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, "ironic" Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a dumbass.

Also-also, a 'true atheist' doesn't need to do anything. All they need - or rather, don't need - is the lack of belief in a god.
Ah yes ...people with brains who, are probably much more intelligent than those they are arguing with who do not use their brains and rely on pathetic iron age superstitions? .

Chill pills are in aisle 10 of any Woolworths store, try Vitamins in any other larger grocery store and pick up a bottle of your favourite alcoholic beverage while you are at it?

It's what I usually do. Stop stressing. REAL Atheists are those who don't believe in a god or gods. The rest is up for ridicule
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 30, 2012 at 10:30 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Ah yes ...people with brains who, are probably much more intelligent than those they are arguing with who do not use their brains and rely on pathetic iron age superstitions? .

Chill pills are in aisle 10 of any Woolworths store, try Vitamins in any other larger grocery store and pick up a bottle of your favourite alcoholic beverage while you are at it?

It's what I usually do. Stop stressing. REAL Atheists are those who don't believe in a god or gods. The rest is up for ridicule

Damn, dude. You just scored so many 'scenepoints.'
Undecided ummm What is a scene-point?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 30, 2012 at 10:33 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Undecided ummm What is a scene-point?

Must be some attention seeking points system that young folks use.
Cunt
(October 30, 2012 at 10:33 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Undecided ummm What is a scene-point?

I have no idea but I think when you accumulate a certain amount, you win (lose?) and the result is this:
[Image: scene-guy-2.png]
Ahhh. No I don't do that. But thanks for the kudos anyway.

To be honest I'm flat out trying to maintain my weight let alone anything that resembles "good looks" / Scene points. Tongue
Quote:A true Atheist doesn't need to disprove shit to other people.

I wonder if the mythical True Scotsman believed in God?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2201 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Doctrine of atheism WTF? TheoneandonlytrueGod 18 3524 November 23, 2015 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Gnostic Atheism? WTF? JimmyNeutron 71 14693 June 13, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Virgin, God, WTF BlackSwordsman 17 3600 May 2, 2014 at 2:23 am
Last Post: max-greece
  Whoa, WTF?! thesummerqueen 35 11136 February 28, 2012 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38081 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack