Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Style Icons
Style Icons
Can't you see I'm REALLY bored today?

My boyfriend and I have this discussion all the time (hazard of loving design and photography too much, I guess): do you have a person or persons whose style you really admire and try to emulate?

Mine are:

Juliette Binoche

Audrey Hepburn

Anna Popplewell

Christina Hendricks

Dita Von Teese

"Pam" from "True Blood"

What are yours? David loves Ryan Gosling and Daniel Craig.

[Image: ryan-gosling-cover-nologo.jpg][Image: Daniel-Craig.jpg]

My favorite nights are when we get dressed better than everyone else and paint the town red.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Style Icons
If I had a style icon, or indeed, any style at all, it would be this:

bahahahahahaha
PSY:

[Image: PSY.jpg]
I don't care if you're joking or not - I actually believe that of you.
I'm deadly serious.

Oh and this guy:

[Image: bbch_d14_1520_leighhij_445.jpg]

[Image: keith-lemon.jpg]

[Image: 51bnObp6CgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]
Whatever my wife buys and decides to dress me in.

My style:
>60F = beach bum
<60F = Beavis and Butthead
I am the same situation as the guy above, my girlfriend picks all my clothes. However, these guys.
[Image: 225px-Charlie_Chaplin.jpg]

[Image: mad-hatter-2.jpg]
and noel fielding.
[Image: sanstitre134up2.jpg]

And here I thought this thread was going to be about me.

Diogenes, cynic, Greek philosopher

Quote:Diogenes of Sinope was a controversial figure. His father minted coins for a living and when Diogenes took to "defacement of the currency", he was banished from Sinope. After being exiled, he moved to Athens to debunk cultural conventions. Diogenes modelled himself on the example of Hercules. He believed that virtue was better revealed in action than in theory. He used his simple lifestyle and behaviour to criticise the social values and institutions of what he saw as a corrupt society. He declared himself a cosmopolitan. Diogenes made a virtue of poverty. He begged for a living and slept in a jar in the marketplace. He became notorious for his philosophical stunts such as carrying a lamp in the daytime, claiming to be looking for an honest man. He embarrassed Plato, disputed his interpretation of Socrates and sabotaged his lectures. Diogenes was also responsible for publicly mocking Alexander the Great.

After being captured by pirates and sold into slavery, Diogenes eventually settled in Corinth. There he passed his philosophy of Cynicism to Crates, who taught it to Zeno of Citium, who fashioned it into the school of Stoicism, one of the most enduring schools of Greek philosophy.

Diogenes was "The Dude" long before The Dude.

[Image: diogenes-w.jpg]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ostrich Egg Omelette Recipe South African Style WinterHold 20 1280 January 10, 2021 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Adopting Japanese life style elements Sterben 34 3261 September 22, 2016 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  Driving Style Assessment brewer 20 2586 February 11, 2016 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What is your Learning Style? Shining_Finger 17 2421 November 21, 2015 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy