Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 is a sack of steaming shit.
Windows 7 is a sack of steaming shit.
Ok so I have had Windows 7 on my room-mate's computer, one I paid half of to be constructed, for about two months or so now. And I have come to this overarching conclusion...

This is the worst fucking OS ever to be created. I keep hearing people say this shit is the best. Oh, really? Well, perhaps someone can explain to me how the fuck a system that will NOT LET ME INSTALL A FUCKING THING is better.

Let me be more precise. Maybe someone can help me. Long story short, I have tried installing DirectX, Daemon Tools Lite, Virtual Clone Drive, OpenOffice, and other programs including updated drivers for the graphics card, all to no avail AT ALL. What happens is the installation either gets MOST of the way through and hangs up on a particular file and never progresses any further OR it simply just "starts" installing without ever actually installing a single file no matter what I run it as. So yes, running as administrator does fuck-all. I receive no error messages or anything. It just simply will not do a fucking thing. EXCEPT in the case of DirectX, where it will not install due to "internal error" followed by a bunch of shit that I have gone through and checked and seen no fucking issues with whatsoever.

So yeah, if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I've tried talking to Microsoft and big surprise, they were about as helpful as an asshole on my elbow.
RE: Windows 7 is a sack of steaming shit.
Sounds like you've got a PC with gremlins. I have two Windows 7 laptops and one PC and haven't experienced any of that.

I'd bet you've got bad RAM or something similar.
(November 2, 2012 at 12:23 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Sounds like you've got a PC with gremlins. I have two Windows 7 laptops and one PC and haven't experienced any of that.

I'd bet you've got bad RAM or something similar.

Well, any way to fix that? As in, fix it myself, not spending another $50 on a new RAM card type thing? Also it shouldn't be bad, the RAM cards are brand new.

It's also something I should note; after canceling the install of first OpenOffice and then today Daemon Tools Lite after they had hungup on their installs late into them, I restarted the computer...to find the programs had installed. DirectX, of course, not so much.
I had this problem today with Windows 7 running in virtual box on my Mac. Was installing Office and it hanged during install for like half an hour but it installed finally after two tries.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Well... first thing I would do is get memtest86+ and test the hell out of the RAM.
(November 2, 2012 at 12:45 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Well... first thing I would do is get memtest86+ and test the hell out of the RAM.

Yeah, I'll probably do that tomorrow, then. I had to put distance between myself and that computer or else I was going to put a tomahawk through the screen, which would not have been good at all.

@TEGH: Yeah, sounds like the problem I am having. Wonder what the deal is...
Is the ISO you installed from legit or possibly tampered with?
(November 2, 2012 at 12:53 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: I had to put distance between myself and that computer or else I was going to put a tomahawk through the screen, which would not have been good at all.

Where do you think the term 'reboot' comes from?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I have to say Windows 7 is a lot better than previous editions of Windows. I happen to remember the blue screen of death which was a common feature on Windows 98, ME and 2000.

However it is not that hard to improve substantially from Windows 98, enough said.
undefined
I have installed windows 7 in dozens of computers, the problems I had usually stem from bad hardware setup. If you want to run a battery of tests, I recommend Hiren's Boot CD / USB drive

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows defender has, once again, incorrectly identified my program as malware! FlatAssembler 36 994 February 22, 2024 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] Windows Movie Maker Help T.J. 6 709 November 29, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Windows Security plus Win 11 Oldandeasilyconfused 2 357 November 25, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Windows 11. Install it; Yes/ No/Wait Oldandeasilyconfused 24 2210 November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Windows 11? Angrboda 29 2384 September 23, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: no one
  Anybody ever run Windows 10 on server hardware? popeyespappy 1 541 November 6, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 891 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Getting a Windows 98 game to run on modern windows vulcanlogician 23 2243 January 19, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013 Rhondazvous 18 3885 January 9, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Windows 10 Running Slow A Theist 30 8143 June 2, 2017 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Joods