Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013
HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013
It started yesterday. I don't know what I did. Suddenly the page and line number in the status bar disappeared. At first I thought it was something wrong with the status bar, but today I realized that the reason the status bar doesn't show the number of pages is because there are no pages. Just one long endless document. I tested and found this true of all my documents, .docx and.rtf.

Whrn I start a new document the page and line numbers show in the status bar as normal (page 1 of 1 line 1). I tried copy and pasting a document into a new one and the numbers showed. But when I opened it again today, they were gone and so were all the page breaks. I'm talking about natural page breaks, not the kind I put in manually.

Anybody know what happened and what I can do to fix it?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013
Re-boot?

The standard Microsoft remedy #1.
I've done that before. There should be two ways to fix it. In the settings there should be an option for page breaks and if you right click where the page break should be sometimes it gives you options there. I accidentally have double clicked the page break before and it causes it to disappear but it should be easy to get back.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Did you accidently change the view to read or web? If in "read" select edit document. If "web" select print layout.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 5, 2018 at 3:59 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Did you accidently change the view to read or web? If in "read" select edit document. If "web" select print layout.

Incredible!!!!
(((((((((50 million kudos for Brew!!!!!!!!)))))))))

When I went to View it actually was in web mode. I changed it to Print mode, and now the problem is fixed in all my other documents as well, just for correcting it in one document.

I don"t know how it got to Web Mode. I never touched it. I blame it on Higgs and his confounded false vacuum.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
Make sure your system clock isn't wonky after the year change. Mine won't keep any date after 12-31-2017 thanks to the BIOS on the motherboard and it causes all kinds of wierd, seemingly unrelated errors. Now I have to decide if its worth it to flash the BIOS, keep a third party time syncing program running in the background or pony up (after finding) the money for a new motherboard, RAM, processor and video card.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(January 5, 2018 at 4:21 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(January 5, 2018 at 3:59 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Did you accidently change the view to read or web? If in "read" select edit document. If "web" select print layout.

Incredible!!!!
(((((((((50 million kudos for Brew!!!!!!!!)))))))))

When I went to View it actually was in web mode. I changed it to Print mode, and now the problem is fixed in all my other documents as well, just for correcting it in one document.

I don"t know how it got to Web Mode. I never touched it. I blame it on Higgs and his confounded  false vacuum.

Channeling Spider Man.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Keeping up with your windows updates and virus protection also help.
Just to be safe, sacrifice a chicken to it. (Memphis style BBQ sauce)
I was going to suggest either a sledgehammer or lighter fluid and matches, but I don't think that was the advice you were looking for.  Big Grin

In all seriousness, I am sure there are computer geeks here who can help you better than I can. I got nothing myself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows defender has, once again, incorrectly identified my program as malware! FlatAssembler 36 774 February 22, 2024 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] Windows Movie Maker Help T.J. 6 693 November 29, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Windows Security plus Win 11 Oldandeasilyconfused 2 347 November 25, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Windows 11. Install it; Yes/ No/Wait Oldandeasilyconfused 24 2165 November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Windows 11? Angrboda 29 2307 September 23, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: no one
  How to make a "span" across the diagonal of a web-page? FlatAssembler 6 960 May 26, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Anybody ever run Windows 10 on server hardware? popeyespappy 1 534 November 6, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 886 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Getting a Windows 98 game to run on modern windows vulcanlogician 23 2158 January 19, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Windows 10 Running Slow A Theist 30 8011 June 2, 2017 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Joods