Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking An Indefinite Break
Taking An Indefinite Break
It's exam season here. Long story short, I'm finding myself procrastinating too much so I think the best thing to do is to cut myself off from any sort of distraction.

This is pretty much the short-term break. The more long-term break has to do with the fact that the questions about life and also the "god concept" are something that I wake up with in my mind every single day. I've been reflecting over the past 6 months or so and what I've realised is that I've spent too much time sussing out reality/life and haven't actually lived my life to its fullest. I think it would do me a lot of good (especially at my age) to sort of just forget about the meaning of life and what happens when we leave this universe. After all, it might be the only life I get, so I should make the most of it and be a part of it instead of spend time on the sideline spectating and questioning it.

I will most likely be checking back after exam period and will have a read of a thread here and there, but I will actively try not to engage anymore in discussion. I just want to make the most of my summer holidays and not worry about having to reply to ongoing discussions.

Thanks everyone. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other in the not-so-distant future anyways Wink
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: Taking An Indefinite Break
Good luck on your exams! Look forward to your return. Enjoy real life with friends and family, that's one of the best things we've got!
I completely understand.
Good on you, thanks for telling us, and your doing it right, see ya latters.
This forum is leaking.

On that note, all the best in your exams, mate.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
You will return, once you tasted the Dark Side™ you can't stay away for long! Big Grin
Good luck with everything, but just remember that internet forums are part of reality Big Grin.

I am frankly too computer dependent myself.
Wait: there's more to reality?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 6, 2012 at 9:57 am)Stimbo Wrote: Wait: there's more to reality?

You should know Stim, reality can give you a hard time... Big Grin

(sorry stimbo, I couldn't resist :/ )
Would that 'twere, actually, but I know exactly what you mean and cringed accordingly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone thinking of taking part in Movember? Cod 29 2334 October 29, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Taking a break Godscreated 3 282 July 19, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Joods
  Stupid humans & risk taking Brian37 20 4167 March 25, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: rskovride
  I'm going to have to break a promise! Mystic 19 3872 March 20, 2018 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Idiot's guide to taking care of a frying pan? Chad32 29 4688 February 23, 2017 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Heart Important To All My Friends: Seriously taking an AF break. Edwardo Piet 49 3996 December 5, 2016 at 12:48 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Parents not taking there crying child outside at a restaurant or store Sterben 65 6119 May 2, 2016 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Taking care of elderly family being only child. Brian37 22 3848 December 12, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Moms not taking my atheism well. IanHulett 7 1214 January 15, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Strider
  Taking a break bladevalant546 10 1810 November 19, 2013 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox