Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:15 pm

Poll: Should managment be allowed to remove a parent or parents with crying child that has been crying loudly for over 30 mins
This poll is closed.
Yes
83.33%
15 83.33%
No
16.67%
3 16.67%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parents not taking there crying child outside at a restaurant or store
Parents not taking there crying child outside at a restaurant or store
The other day when I was at work, this parent let there child cry for over 30 mins. I saw her doing really nothing about it while she kept on shopping, the whole situation was quite annoying, causing  employees and customers to develop a major headache. The cry's were not light they were quite loud, loud enough to the point to where the crying to could be heard from across the store. I'm going to ask the community a two part question. If it gets to excessive levels should management be allowed to remove the parent or parents out of the store or restaurant until they can get there child under control? Should it also be common practice to take the child crying excessively outside of the shop or restaurant, so others do not have to hear a child crying for over 30 mins while they shop or eat?
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

RE: Parents not taking there crying child outside at a restaurant or store
I feel like restaurants should have the freedom to have "no children under [insert age here]" policies to prevent it in the first place. I think kicking out a family who already paid for their food is kinda shit.

In shops I'd definitely say it's ok to ask the family to leave, or request one of the parents to take the child while the other parent remains if they're in a queue. When I was working in retail in 2013, I remember this family came in. Their baby was crying from when they walked through the door, all around the shop, for the 20 minutes they were standing in the queue. It just didn't. stop. crying. It was ear-splitting on a busy as fuck summer day when it was already like 32 degrees (no AC), it was boiling, we were already stressed the f out. We didn't need that extraness in our ears.

Like seriously do something about it, your kid is bawling. It's not just for our ears' sakes, your child clearly needs something.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

If the mother just ignored a kid loudly crying for that long, I can only imagine it's a normal occurrence at home. Kind of a sad state of affairs. Might be why some parents just leave their kid in the car, except that can be hazardous during the hotter or colder months.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 29, 2016 at 8:34 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: I feel like restaurants should have the freedom to have "no children under [insert age here]" policies to prevent it in the first place. I think kicking out a family who already paid for their food is kinda shit.

In shops I'd definitely say it's ok to ask the family to leave, or request one of the parents to take the child while the other parent remains if they're in a queue. When I was working in retail in 2013, I remember this family came in. Their baby was crying from when they walked through the door, all around the shop, for the 20 minutes they were standing in the queue. It just didn't. stop. crying. It was ear-splitting on a busy as fuck summer day when it was already like 32 degrees (no AC), it was boiling, we were already stressed the f out. We didn't need that extraness in our ears.

Like seriously do something about it, your kid is bawling. It's not just for our ears' sakes, your child clearly needs something.

Thank you, I agree with you on the restaurant concept of not letting children in under a certain age. Funny enough,that happened to me one time, I was eating with a friend at a restaurant, we were about half way through our meal then the couple next to us let there child cry for quite a while. I would say a good 20 mins went by before my friend had enough and told management. They did nothing about it, we could not stand the ear piercing noise. He complained further till a a higher manager gave us  that meal free and the next time we ate there. Which was a cool thing for him to do.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

I don't really understand why families take their babies out to eat in a restaurant anyway. It's not like babies can eat whatever is on the menu yet, and it's not like they're going to have fond memories of "that time my parents took me out as a baby" in years to come. There's no need for it in the first place. Like really, stay in your "taking the newborn for a stroll in the park" lane.

I don't envy anyone who works in retail long-term though. That one summer in 2013 was enough for me. I have SO many little things customers do that piss me off just from those 4 months.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

There is a balance. It isn't the kids fault no, but the other customers also probably want some quite too, unless you are at a Chucky Cheese or McDonalds which attracts lots of kids so it would be unreasonable at a place like that to ask them to remove the kid. But if the establishment is more adult oriented or intended to be a quite place, then yea.

I'd say if two parents are there and one can take them out, sure. But what do you do if it is a single parent especially with more than one kid, then it might not be so reasonable.
(April 29, 2016 at 8:52 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: I don't really understand why families take their babies out to eat in a restaurant anyway. It's not like babies can eat whatever is on the menu yet, and it's not like they're going to have fond memories of "that time my parents took me out as a baby" in years to come. There's no need for it in the first place.

You're kidding right? Babies cant be left in a car, and people cant always hire baby sitters or even have their family members watch them. People with babies have as much right to partake in private businesses too. I'd only say that some protocol would need to be in place to accommodate a diverse clientele.
I had to vote "no" because they should be thrown out on their asses within one minute.

Little bastards.
[Image: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm not suggesting they leave their kid in the car. I just don't see why people feel so much need to take their baby to a restaurant, for the reasons I said. It's not like the baby can enjoy it when they can't eat properly and are unable to even process what is going on yet.

Not even saying they "can't" bring their kid to a restaurant either, I'm just saying I don't understand why you would.

- Maryam Namazie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 623 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "Walking in" restaurant kitchen lingo. Brian37 11 676 July 31, 2021 at 11:37 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Dumb donald's parents? no one 2 455 October 13, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1801 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 797 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Anyone thinking of taking part in Movember? Cod 29 2336 October 29, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A walk outside Lucanus 2 421 August 27, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  Taking a break Godscreated 3 282 July 19, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Joods
  Stupid humans & risk taking Brian37 20 4175 March 25, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: rskovride
  Gunshot outside my apartment mlmooney89 35 2081 March 7, 2018 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic