Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important To All My Friends: Seriously taking an AF break.
Heart 
Important To All My Friends: Seriously taking an AF break.
I love all my friends and you're all very important to me. But I seriously seriously need an AF Break now.

I am not retiring from Staff.

I won't however be able to do any staff work and the Staff is entitled to retire me and have me back when I return if they prefer.

A replacement mod will probably be needed.

I don't know how long I'll be gone from AF for or when I'll come back. That is one of the reasons a replacement mod may be needed.

I can't participate just as a Staff member because whenever I try to do that I'm too tempted to post all over AF and it takes over my life right now. It's irresistable. I need a 100% break from AF.

I've become obsessed with AF so I seriously need this break.

I still am happy to be part of the Staff interviews (another reason why I don't want to retire besides the fact I'm going to return in time if I'm welcome to return). I will be contactable from Skype.

Skype isn't consuming or stressful at all for me like AF is. In fact it's a relief. I just met so many awesome friends here. Skype is wonderful.

I will be contactable and available by Skype. I love my friends... I love you guys... I'm sorry. I won't answer to PMs and I won't respond to this thread or anywhere else on AF. I will just be contactable by Skype because I find it far far too easily to be talked into posting again if I read any responses here asking me to stay. My friends on Skype will understand and not pressure to me and I know most of the people on AF won't either but just the sheer number of folks wanting me to stay totally makes me feel so guilty and makes it feel impossible to resist staying for others.

So please don't ask me to stay until I'm ready to return. I won't be logging in for the foreseeable future.

So yeah, I'll be on Skype.

While I'm gone, however long that is, please remember me at my best... please remember what you like about me and not what gets on your nerves about me. I'm sorry that lately I'm not myself.

I love my friends:

Heart
Heart Heart Heart Heart
Heart Heart Heart Heart
Heart

So yeah, I'll be on Skype.
RE: Important To All My Friends: Seriously taking an AF break.
You take care, buddy!
I'm on skype for you, whenever you need it! (except when I'm asleep or not online... Tongue )
Now I feel bad for our unfortunate encounter earlier today.

We seldom see eye to eye, but I hope I wasn't a contributing factor to your decision to leave.

I really hope not. I will add you on skype again, in case you want to talk to me. I won't bother you at all. It will be just if you want to talk to me, and if you will, to give me a chance to apologize for my ill-humored response to your joking manner. If not, all the same. Good luck to you.
Be well, you'll be missed. AF will be a sadder, smaller place without the Ultra-Turtle. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You'll be missed. I hope you can take this time to get the help you need. Hang in there.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Sad and sorry to see you going on hiatus my turtley friend, but you need to do what is best for YOU. We will miss you! I'll start planning your "Welcome Home" party now. ?? Return to us as soon as you can, please!!!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Hurry back mate. Huh
I nominate myself, all ABBA haters will be banned automatically, gun owners too and Cowboy fans, and anyone who does not like my horrible jokes. Under my administration I will make Kim Jong Un look like JFK.

I already know what you are all thinking, sounds like a dream doesn't it? (Disclaimer: This post is for external use only, not safe for human consumption, void where prohibited, restrictions apply, see store for details. Stop reading and consult your doctor if you develop a rash, blurry vision or develop legions on your private parts. This post is brought to you by "Satire Ate Led Paint" LLC . We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress)

In all seriousness, sometimes you need a break. And having been a admin in the past, on other websites and groups, it is a hard job and is why I am happy being a mere member. Being a mod or admin is lots like being an umpire in a baseball game or ref in the NFL. It takes objectivity and sometimes no matter what you do you still cannot please everyone.

We wish you well, and I am quite sure anyone who may replace you will fall along the same lines. Come back when you get rested and find that balance.
replacing one problem (being here too much) with another (deadly nougat buildup) seems unwise

additionally, we have quite a cadre of nougat addicts at this point, and I predict dire and unpleasant withdrawal pangs and generalized higgledy piggly chaos and unpleasant scrotal rashes at near epidemic levels

Panic Panic Panic Panic
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I would not categorically rule out embarrassing and distressing sphincter spasms and even more ghastly tactile taint twitch too . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Serious Thread. Seriously? onlinebiker 12 1247 May 9, 2022 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How important are you? Ahriman 50 4327 April 26, 2022 at 6:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 507 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  An important dressing question Foxaèr 18 516 September 6, 2021 at 5:52 am
Last Post: brewer
  I am seriously considering trying this. Brian37 51 1807 May 21, 2021 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Can you filthy foreigners please invite your friends? Losty 43 2953 May 1, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hanging out at a friends house last night. Brian37 45 4798 November 26, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Cod
  Do you have friends who don’t share your political views? Losty 13 1785 November 19, 2018 at 12:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Anyone thinking of taking part in Movember? Cod 29 2334 October 29, 2018 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Taking a break Godscreated 3 282 July 19, 2018 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Joods