Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proof of Heaven
proof of Heaven
Dr. Eben Alexander's a neurosurgeon had meningitis and says he has proof that heaven exists. Because of his meningitis he couldn't imagine this. ( i forget the reasons) He went into a green field with butterflys and a young girl was at his side. The one person he wanted to see was his dad who died a few years earlier but could not see him. After he recovered he found out he had been adopted and the girl he says was his guardian angel was his sister who had died years ago. He had seen a picture of her after he recovered that is his proof and why he did not see his dad.

I would think he should see his adopted dad first after all he raised him
Doesn't make sense to me.
Anyone hear about this guy? I think he is doing talk shows now trying to sell his book.

Manowar
RE: proof of Heaven
I once had a dream, I was sitting in my kitchen an my cat was sitting on the kitchen table.

Me: "Hey how are you doing?"
Cat: "Fine"
Me: "You can talk?"
Cat: "Of course I can"
....pause....
Me: "Would you eat me like a mouse if was smaller or you were bigger?"
Cat: "Of course I would."

Weirdly enought, I had watched David Attenboroughs documentary on tigers the night before. So I guess this dream was influenced by the knowlege my consiousness gained that night.
And certainly a lot of peoples dreams are influenced by their wishes, fears, memories and instincts - which is science - so no magic is needed.
Quote:Anyone hear about this guy? I think he is doing talk shows now trying to sell his book.

Some dickhead is always writing a book to sell to the jesus freaks.

It is a lucrative scam.

It started with the fucking bible.
A couple of articles from Sam Harris that put this mountebank's claims in proper perspective.

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/this-must-be-heaven

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/scien...k-of-death
TGAC, I had a similar dream about my "adopted" cat (my wife's from before we met). She's so mentally sharp it's at times scary.

Anyway, I dreamed that she spoke to me in a Judi Dench voice.

Me: "This is amazing."
Cat: "Not really. Your rudimentary language was actually quite simple to learn. Once I recognized the patterns in the chattering noises you make, it wasn't hard to figure out."
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
It's amazing how the existence heaven is buttressed by so many proofs each of which is so constructed as to not be provable in itself.
Appearently it is not the fact that they made it up that counts. We are supposed to be impressed by just how many they made up and overlook the fact that everyone of the many is made up.
(November 14, 2012 at 1:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Anyone hear about this guy? I think he is doing talk shows now trying to sell his book.

Some dickhead is always writing a book to sell to the jesus freaks.

It is a lucrative scam.

It started with the fucking bible.
No doubt but this guy is a Neurosurgeon, not your average guy. I think he is trying to sell books, but I also think he believes this nonsense.

Manowar
(November 14, 2012 at 11:59 am)Manowar Wrote: The one person he wanted to see was his dad who died a few years earlier but could not see him.
Didn't go to "heaven" then.

I can't say I look forward to Eben Alexander's compelling book on "How I didn't go to heaven".

The belief of heaven is bollocks anyway. Even Jesus freaks can't agree amongst themselves whose belief in it is the more convoluted.
Sooooo, he`s a Neurosurgeon? Who cares? He could be a construction worker, politician, Mc Donalds employee of the month or a sith Lord or one of the seven followers.
It doesnt make the adjective "stupid" disapear from "stupid beliefs"
(November 14, 2012 at 2:34 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Sooooo, he`s a Neurosurgeon? Who cares? He could be a construction worker, politician, Mc Donalds employee of the month or a sith Lord or one of the seven followers.
It doesnt make the adjective "stupid" disapear from "stupid beliefs"

It makes a difference because he spent time in detail how his meningitis made this experience real not imagined based on his brain scan. The parts of the brain he says responsible for some people imagining this experience was gone on his scan so it had to be real, anyway that's what he says

Manowar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newsweek "Heaven Is Real" Brian37 7 4071 May 9, 2013 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Faith No More