Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey...what's a 'help meet"?
Hey...what's a 'help meet"?
Take it away Mr. Stewart.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Family/Ma...p_meet.htm
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Hey...what's a 'help meet"?
Bronze age mens fear of vaginas.
To be honest, I am more angry than I am amused.

Some religious bigot Wrote:Many women have simply sold-out to the ungodly influences of the feminist movement and refuse to accept any such teaching. I overhead a woman once say, "I'm never going to get married, I'm not going to wait on any man hand and foot." Is it any coincidence that she is a career woman in her mid 30's with no husband or children? I think not! She is miserable by the way.
At which point I flipped off the screen.
Quote:The Bible teaches that it is the wife's duty to HELP her husband.   You may not agree with that, but it is God's plan.  Many women have simply sold-out to the ungodly influences of the feminist movement and refuse to accept any such teaching.

Translation: Get back in the kitchen, bitches.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The Hebrew word עזר כנגדו compliment/helpmeet in Genesis 2:18 is intended to mean counterpart or corresponding to - neither inferior nor superior.

Genesis makes clear that man and woman ought to be as one. (Bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. Genesis 2:23. United together as one flesh. Genesis 2:24)

Unbiblical ''inferiority'' connotations arise from Hellenistic/Greek culture which began to influence Jewish rabbinical/political teaching much later. (Talmud)
Still makes no difference what you translate that hebrew word into.

"Adam" the man - was created first.
"Eve" the woman, was made out of "Adams" rib
"Eve" stole the apple (This story, of the sinfull, easyly ensnared woman, is the basis on which many generations stated that women were incompetent lustfull, irrational beings)
And women are generaly seen as infirior in gods commandments. ( A woman who interupts a man talking - shall have her arm cut off\ a woman who has been raped - must marry her rapist)

The bible is not a female friendly book.
(November 14, 2012 at 10:44 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Still makes no difference what you translate that hebrew word into.

"Adam" the man - was created first.
"Eve" the woman, was mad out of "Adams" rib
"Eve" stole the apple
And women are generaly seen as infirior in gods commandments.

The bible is not a female friendly book.

Adam was not made first. Plants and animals came first.

If anything, it can be argued (by men like me,) that God saved His BEST work till last. Worship

Eve did NOT steal the so-called apple.

Adam and Eve were both made by the same Creator.

And God called all of His creation ''good''

I dont accept your opinion about how women are seen.

The Ten Commandments wrote :
Quote:Honor your father and your mother
same idiot Wrote:I believe in big families (Genesis 1:28). Do you really think that God's planet can become overpopulated? The global elite seem to think so (Luke 12:30), but we are NOT to worry about such things (Luke 12:29).
Banging Head On Desk
There is too much stupid/bigot for me to critique, so I won't even bother.
Well if you like to interpret it this way, it sure leaves out the sexism. But you cannot deny that a lot of people didnt interpret it this way.

There are actualy 613 commansments in the entire old testament, of which the first ten are the most famous.
I edited my post above so you probably didnt recognise the examples given.

and one only needs to make a quick google search to find other examples:

Quote:Genesis 3:16 Says that all women must suffer great pains during child birth due to Eve eating the fruit of knowledge. (As if it is somehow just that humans should pay for their ancestor’s sins nor is a woman dying in labor some how befitting of a crime she did not commit.) The verse finishes of by saying a husband shall “rule” over his woman, stripping us off all power in between the sexes.

Genesis 19:8 Tells of a man named Lot who offers his daughters to a crowd of would be angel rapers. Later, Lot impregnates his own daughters after God kills his wife for simply looking back at the remains of her city.

Genesis 38:16-24 Tells a very interesting story of a man named Judah whom lived with his widowed daughter in law. His daughter in law was grieving and wearing the veils of mourning which Judah (a rather stupid man) mistook for the clothing of a prostitute. He ended up impregnating his daughter in law and she left the city. On a later date Judah sees the young woman again and demanded she be burned for being a prostitute (I like how only the woman is punished when THEY BOTH engaged in the sexual act). It wasn’t until Judah recognized the woman as his daughter in law and she was with his child, that he decided not to kill her. Basically, Judah can commit incest, use a prostitute (in his mistaken perception), and impregnate a MUCH younger woman, yet he thinks she is the one deserving of death.

Exodus 21:3-4 Says that if a male slave is given a wife by his master (regardless of how long they are wed, how much they love each other or if they have kids) he can not leave servanthood with his wife or children. The woman and children are merely property of the master and their personal happiness or sanctity of family doesn’t matter.

Exodus 21:7 God not only sanctions selling ones daughter into slavery, but he also gives out laws on how it should be done.

Exodus 21:10 God ordains men taking several wives and even sets up laws as to how multiple wives should be handled.

Leviticus 12:1-8 Explains that a woman has to be purified after giving birth because she is “unclean”. It goes on to say that birthing a male is cleaner then birthing a female, hence a mother must purify TWICE as long when having a daughter. This is BLATANT sexism from the point of birth. A woman is dirty simply for being a woman; this is obviously very biased and chauvinistic.

Leviticus 15:19-30 Explains that a woman having her menstruation must be avoided to the point of not even touching what she has touched. It is quite curious that women are punished for simply having a biological function that “God” claims to have created. What is so just about vilifying what you created?

Leviticus 18:19 Goes onto say that even LOOKING at a menstruating woman is wrong.

Leviticus 19:20 Says that if a man has sex with a slave or betrothed woman he must then “scourge” her. Scourging is a term for a severe flogging or whipping. I find it quite curious that the woman shall be punished to the point of a beating for such an occurrence, yet the man gets to go free for the deed.

Leviticus 21:9 Explains that unchaste daughters of priests must be burnt to death. What about his unchaste sons? Of course this isn’t even answered in the Torah, we are to assume yet again that men have the power to do as they wish and a woman must suffer the punishment for BOTH of them.

source: http://www.evilbible.com/sexism_in_the_torah.htm
I dont debate long-winded, paraphrased bible verses.
Post the original. Then we shall talk.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey guys... and girls i suppose Complidudaaldo 13 1232 July 12, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Hey Atheists.... thesummerqueen 43 8990 December 18, 2011 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Whateverist