Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:02 am

Poll: Should we fix a date for Vinny to disappear?
This poll is closed.
Yes
46.67%
7 46.67%
No
53.33%
8 53.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Official] The Vinny G. Thread
[Official] The Vinny G. Thread
It has come to my attention that some people hate my guts. I have opened this thread to rectify this situation.

I have, upon starting this thread, placed on the table a number of possible courses of action. The first of which is walking away from this forum. Permanently. If all goes well, consider it an early Christmas present.

I also know, that there are several people who want to know more about me. Am I really a poe? A Christian? My Italian heritage, is it real? A number of you are wondering if I am hot guido vampire with a sparkly body. Most of these questions are on the table too.

I also want to put on the table the issue that in our heated and often rough-and-tumble discourse, certain individuals might have been legitimately hurt or offended, and how I should deal with it.

In this thread, I want to make a sincere, earnest, non-trolling, non-joking, non-ironic commitment to answering all your questions, and trying to make everybody here happy.

Obviously, the best way, according to many, is for me to play Gran Turismo Four Online, if you catch my drift. (don't make me spell it out numbskulls)

So my first question is, should I set a fixed date for my permanent departure from this forum?
RE: [Official] The Vinny G. Thread
[Image: Atrapitis.gif]
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I actually expected a response like this from some if not all of the people here.

It's tough, after all the recent going-ons to engage with someone in good-faith. I understand that. And I expect a lot more people to respond like you are.

I also know I've made things a little tough because of how "rambunctious" (you will no doubt have another, less fun-to-enunciate word to call it) I've been. With that in mind, I also want to engage in a sort of catharsis.

I just haven't decided how.
Your poll is missing a "don't care" option

For what it's worth, though there is no rule about it, I think it as improper for you to create a thread about yourself, likely for the reason of manipulating opinions about you, just as I think it was improper for TGAC to create a thread with the identical aim, to manipulate people's opinions about you (and Greneknight before him). That you feel no shame at all in this is simply one more character flaw that I will add to the list.

I suppose, as with anyone, whether they find you personally, religiously, or otherwise offensive depends in large part about what that person specifically values. Being among atheists, you'll find some common values, including the value of empirical inquiry, honesty and rationality. Perhaps that's why they and I get along. As a result of my childhood and my uniqueness as an individual, I value three things above all others: truth, honesty, and good thinking. You, for your part, manage to offend all three of my gods. Be that as it may, you are so pathetically bad at it, I find it hard to give a rat's ass about you. I'll certainly take advantage of when opportunity shines upon me to swoop in and skewer your bullshit, but it has nothing to do with hate. If anything, it's simply good sport.

I think perhaps many are upset that you have adopted a persona which, in its presentation, aims to deceive. While I certainly have concerns about that, it's not something I find myself willing to get all worked up about. Yes, there is the potential for harm anytime when deceit is involved, but somehow I'm not too worried here. Nor am I necessarily comfortable with the real possibility that I might treat your choices in creating your persona differently than I would my own, simply because some of those choices push on my hot buttons. (For what it's worth, I have personas on the net which bear little resemblance to my real life persona — assuming there is one — including on one forum where I adopt the persona of Travis Bickle, the murdering psychopath from Taxi Driver [maybe that's not as big a stretch for me after all]).

I can't say I've hashed all these questions out, but at the end of the day, I imagine the most common response is, "I smell a rat."

And that makes people uncomfortable. Perhaps for good reason. Not sure I'm suggesting anything, but if you are dissembling, perhaps you will find greater acceptance by dropping the mask.

Course, you'll likely still be viewed as an illogical and moronic fucktard, but then I doubt this persona of yours is helping in that regard anyway.

(ETA: It also occurs to me that this is very strange behavior for someone who until recently was rather inactive on the forum. I don't like coincidences. They make my spidey sense tingles.)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 5, 2012 at 7:23 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: So my first question is, should I set a fixed date for my permanent departure from this forum?

I don't care about your departure from this forum. That is up to you.

Now, the question to you, is - Are you an atheist or not?

I posted a comment on that earlier, but you gave no response to that, and that itself tells me something.
Did you lose your virginity with Minnie's mom?

American cheese - white or yellow?!?
(December 5, 2012 at 8:07 pm)Rayaan Wrote:
(December 5, 2012 at 7:23 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: So my first question is, should I set a fixed date for my permanent departure from this forum?

I don't care about your departure from this forum. That is up to you.

Now, the question to you, is - Are you an atheist or not?

I posted a comment on that earlier, but you gave no response to that, and that itself tells me something.

I'm not an atheist.

Ie, I am no convinced of the claim that "God does not exist".

My position is closer to agnosticism.
(December 5, 2012 at 8:23 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: I'm not an atheist.

Ie, I am no convinced of the claim that "God does not exist".

My position is closer to agnosticism.

To feed or not to feed? Must...resist urge...to...agh, forget it. Atheism is not the claim that god does not exist, but the rejection of the claim that he does, thus taking the default position.
Tired troll is tired.

-yawn-
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Hallowe'en Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 149 8312 December 24, 2022 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4044 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  The Official Necro Thread Edwardo Piet 12 925 April 23, 2018 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The official cuteness thread.... Brian37 2 509 August 4, 2017 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: Regina
  The Official "add me" on FB thread Foxaèr 2 922 August 26, 2016 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Official Kudos Page Count Foxaèr 137 12035 April 21, 2016 at 10:07 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Official two year anniversary Foxaèr 7 1443 March 16, 2015 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Official Better Call Saul thread Mudhammam 4 1152 January 28, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  What's the official statistic for Atheists in the population? IanHulett 8 1411 January 21, 2015 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's official. Keri 27 4306 September 25, 2014 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Whateverist