Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Shoots Girlfriend Over Zombie Argument
Man Shoots Girlfriend Over Zombie Argument
http://www.geekologie.com/2012/12/sadnes...-zombi.php

[Image: zombie-argument-shooting.jpg]

Quote:Supreme failure at life Jared Gurman of Long Island has been charged with attempted murder after shooting his girlfriend following an argument about 'The Walking Dead'. Just reread that sentence and let it all soak in. Even worse, Jared shot her IN THE BACK. Obviously, there's no way he has the survival skills to survive a zombie apocalypse. Or his butthole a night in prison.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Man Shoots Girlfriend Over Zombie Argument
Well...he did shoot her -in the back- so I'd say he has at least a little bit of survival sense.....given the choice, you always shoot them when their back is turned, it's harder for them to shoot back that way.
(a rifle too...sweetness.......)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Well that fanboy definitly took his interest a few steps to far.......

The minefield on my lawn is as far as I will ever go.
(December 6, 2012 at 2:24 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Well...he did shoot her -in the back- so I'd say he has at least a little bit of survival sense.....given the choice, you always shoot them when their back is turned, it's harder for them to shoot back that way.
(a rifle too...sweetness.......)

No. You gotta shoot 'em in the head.

Bitch won't pull that shit no more.

In all seriousness, our biology sets us up to value being right, and to defend ourselves against charges of error and incompetence, with powerful emotions charged and honed over eons of evolution.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote:Don't hate the player, hate the game.

So it's okay to shoot someone in the back because they disagree with you?

I'll remember that for next time...
I've never felt like any of my lovers or boyfriends were going to shoot me over a disagreement.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
-sigh-

I very much doubt this gun went off accidentally. You have to load, switch off the safety, aim and squeeze. If it was an accident, this man should have never owned a gun because of deplorable gun safety.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(December 6, 2012 at 2:52 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: I've never felt like any of my lovers or boyfriends were going to shoot me over a disagreement.

There's an interesting passage from Pinker's Better Angels Of Our Nature in which he makes the case that many of the violent homicides of people in the lower socio-economic strata are a result of being disenfranchised from the systems of government and justice to which whitebreads feel they can appeal, and so these violent crimes are actually motivated by a sense of injustice, in a world in which they see the system as having abandoned them to their own ends, and having to take matters into their own hands. (Any woman who has had to file a restraining order against an abusive partner can likely identify.) I'm not making that specific case with regard to this individual, but people in different classes of society have different norms regarding conflict resolution, anger management and so on. One of the points he draws attention to is how many times, these violent criminals don't try to hide their crime or flee; they call the police, and wait patiently for them to come. We see in this instance, he even drove her to the hospital. When making judgements about other people, we need to take all factors into account, not just those that would apply to us if we were in their shoes (which many of us would never be, so the comparison is somewhat absurd on the face of it).

I'll scan that passage from Pinker at another time. I'm feeling like shit at the moment. (I think my first winter depression is here.)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I know he doesn't qualify for a Darwin Award, but he should get at least a honorable mention.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Zombie AF Members as Cats thread Mystical 87 13721 February 6, 2018 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Virtual reality girlfriend Macoleco 76 7213 October 17, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The best way to dump your cheating girlfriend Napoléon 219 22913 December 1, 2015 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Atheist with a Muslim girlfriend ponhei9502 19 2986 October 11, 2015 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Some thoughts about my girlfriend's sexual past pauloroberts 265 25841 May 21, 2015 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Avoiding indoctrination while still going to church with my Girlfriend? IanHulett 23 3114 January 18, 2015 at 6:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
  So... I just came home from work to find this note my girlfriend left for me... Mudhammam 22 7557 October 1, 2014 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How do you get a girlfriend? JesusLover1 84 12309 August 28, 2014 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
  Zombie Killers A Theist 26 8328 July 5, 2013 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Zombie attack in Miami Drich 5 2588 June 4, 2012 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Epimethean