Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man that hurt.
Man that hurt.
I hurt myself quite regularly I'm a bit clumsy I suppose. I have endured quite a lot of pain due to my own stupidity, and was thinking about the worst pain that I have ever been in. It must be the time when I drilled a hole through my foot with a corded drill, it slipped sideways off a piece of metal that I was holding between my feet and went through my shoe and got tangled up in my sock. Putting the drill into reverse to untangle myself wasn't pleasant.
What is the worst pain you have endured? Do you learn by your mistakes? I certainly don't.
RE: Man that hurt.
I don't either.

Probably the worst pain as a result of self-stupidity was cooking off fireworks on the 4th of July. Burns are the worst. Yes, I was drunk.

Other than that, while doing the stupid I have managed to impale my hand with a screwdriver, smash my thumb with a framing hammer, destroyed my knee in a bicycle accident, my wrist in a ski accident, etc etc etc. So far, I've avoided serious accidents with power tools, mostly by virtue of avoiding the use of power tools.

I am not a graceful person.
"Sterile packing" for wounds. I never screamed, but some of the corpsmen fainted.

I had a shit load of clots extracted from my bladder back in November. Boss Lady was surprised I didn't scream then.
(March 6, 2019 at 12:02 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: I hurt myself quite regularly I'm a bit clumsy I suppose. I have endured quite a lot of pain due to my own stupidity, and was thinking about the worst pain that I have ever been in. It must be the time when I drilled a hole through my foot with a corded drill, it slipped sideways off a piece of metal that I was holding between my feet and went through my shoe and got tangled up in my sock. Putting the drill into reverse to untangle myself wasn't pleasant.
What is the worst pain you have endured? Do you learn by your mistakes? I certainly don't.

Back when I was a kid, I went over a ramp on my bicycle, flipped over my handlebars and broke my middle finger. Second to that had to be quite a few years ago, as an adult, my big toe toenail got really big, I didn't cut it, but even with my shoe on, I stubbed it, and cracked the toenail all the way under my skin. That hurt like fuck.
Getting stabbed in the thigh with a fork.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 6, 2019 at 1:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Getting stabbed in the thigh with a fork.

Boru

Were you done?
As a kid, i've fallen straight on my head from about two meters up, twice. First time lead to a concussion, second time didn't but really Smarted, perhaps even more.
I also tripped over a hard wooden cube on stage, had to apply a healing gel for weeks.
When i got older, i had a bad drinking streak as a teen trying to prove himself as someone who could handle liquor. I couldn't. I once woke up fully clothes in bed, my body full of bruises and my bike a total wreck. I remembered falling off and crashing it eight times. Was probably more. My face was okay, and i was too embarassed to admit it. So i spent three weeks or more stiff as a board and in constant pain whenever i moved or anyone touched me, rather than admitting this.
And then there was THE time i cut the tissue that allows your thumb to bend. That was painful on iTS own. THE surgery that followed was even worse than freshly placed and tightened braces.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
Every time I look in the mirror.
(March 6, 2019 at 3:03 pm)no one Wrote: Every time I look in the mirror.

Can't say I know that feeling Hehe

(March 6, 2019 at 1:46 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Getting stabbed in the thigh with a fork.

Boru

Brilliant!
I've been in a bad way a couple of times. One time I was leaking from quite a few places. The worst of it was a laceration that pretty much sliced my left buttock in two. It didn't hurt too much at the time. By the time I made it to an operating table I had lost so much blood that I had no verifiable pulse, but was conscious and answering questions coherently. But I was shaking so violently that it really hurt, and I sucked in that knock out gas as deeply as I could. I was totally ready to be out, knew that I might not wake up, and didn't care. It was after being put back together that the real pain began.

Another time, I went backwards forcefully down some concrete steps with a guy on top of me who probably weighed over 250 pounds. It put deep lacerations on my back over the vertebrae of my spinal column. Amazingly, nothing broke. It hurt pretty bad at the time, and hurt far worse the next day.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enjoyment from watching others get hurt, and sociopathy Catholic_Lady 106 10560 November 29, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sorry, Evie. This must really hurt. Minimalist 15 2526 January 23, 2016 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  So my ankles hurt. Violet 39 6556 August 2, 2011 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Violet
  That must've hurt downbeatplumb 5 2003 April 27, 2010 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb