Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New study on atheists' human rights worldwide
New study on atheists' human rights worldwide
Apparently, the 10th of december is human rights day. This year a study is presented on atheism, non religious, humanism worldwide by international humanist and ethical union (iheu). Seven countries will hang you for your free thoughts, none of them in Scandanivia (some of them in the Middle East). Happy reading on atheist persecution everybody.

Freedom of thought
RE: New study on atheists' human rights worldwide
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/09...68681.html

Quote:While freedom of religion and speech is protected in the United States, the report said, a social and political climate prevails "in which atheists and the non-religious are made to feel like lesser Americans, or non-Americans."

In at least seven U.S. states, constitutional provisions are in place that bar atheists from public office and one state, Arkansas, has a law that bars an atheist from testifying as a witness at a trial, the report said.
I wonder what the excuse for persecuting humanists is...

"You believe in being good for the sake of being good and helping others with no thought to yourself, and of celebrating the idea that all human beings deserve equal chance at life, success, freedom, and redemption? YOU'RE A DISGUSTING SUBHUMAN PIECE OF FILTH!!"

As I've oft said before; humans make it hard to be a humanist sometimes.

Mostly when they're religious.
It's amazing to me how Muslims throw such a fit when every one of their little demands are not met in western countries, or when the slightest disrespect is shown to them or their prophet, yet in many middle eastern countries Atheists are executed. Where are the Atheist riots? How can we possibly be called immoral when we are so calm in the face of such bigotry.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(December 11, 2012 at 12:17 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: It's amazing to me how Muslims throw such a fit when every one of their little demands are not met in western countries, or when the slightest disrespect is shown to them or their prophet, yet in many middle eastern countries Atheists are executed. Where are the Atheist riots? How can we possibly be called immoral when we are so calm in the face of such bigotry.

The muslims you talk about, luckily enough not all of them, have a monopoly on the truth.

But their very strict interpretation of god's will and thus how to live every aspect of life, is in my opinion more Blasphemic than any atheist could ever come up with.

I mean. We all would be hanged, even theists, for participating in this forum.
My country has no examples Clap
(December 11, 2012 at 9:14 pm)Ashendant Wrote: My country has no examples Clap

Judging from your avatar, your country is my country!
Oi!
Even without laws targeting atheists you can still get harassed in the west. I've heard stories of people getting threats, getting kicked out of their apartments, getting chased out of town, getting bullied at school. I've had people scream at me.
I've been beaten to the ground by a man because of being an atheist.

I will never tell someone that I'm an atheist again. They will just have to assume for themselves.

I live in the United States, btw.
(December 12, 2012 at 9:21 am)Great Ape Wrote: I've been beaten to the ground by a man because of being an atheist.

I will never tell someone that I'm an atheist again. They will just have to assume for themselves.

I live in the United States, btw.

I am sorry that happened to you. But no one has the right to harm you for holding a different position. If that had happened to me I would call the police and have the asshole arrested.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abortion-Killing: The Silent Genocide: 2 Billion Deaths Victims Worldwide. Nishant Xavier 343 14666 September 2, 2023 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: MarcusA
  Dawkins, Rowling, Sunak et al on Trans Issue and Women's Rights. Nishant Xavier 63 2829 July 15, 2023 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2554 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  International Blasphemy Rights Day! chimp3 29 3348 September 29, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2177 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1225 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Study finds link between brain damage and fundamentalism drfuzzy 13 4050 May 16, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 5110 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Survey study on atheists! atheist_researcher 11 1495 October 31, 2016 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Jeff Sparrow on the need to save ourselves from the sickishness of the New Atheists Whateverist 62 8478 March 21, 2016 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Whateverist