Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once was found...
Once was found...
"My name is Jonathan and I used to be a Christian." (This is where you all say, "Hi, Jonathan.")

My mom fasts for my salvation. I asked her to keep on eating (she is terribly skinny) but fast Fox News instead. Or just Hannity. She is sticking with her no food on whatever day is fast day. Much to the disappointment of my step-dad who would like some more meat on her bones.

I worry about the influence of the church on my son. He had a Noah's Ark toy given to him and I asked if they had any other genocide toys they would like to share. Like maybe a "Darfur Refugee Camp" toy he can play with. The joke was lost on the audience.

I speak in tongues when no one else is around to make sure I still got it. It would seem that I do, at least under the influence of something or another.

David Cross is a hero of mine and so is David Bazan. My name is Jonathan. Coincidence given the closeness of Saul's son Jonathan and King David? (The answer is always yes. Jonathan and David are very common names.)

I am just as passionate about evangelizing as any evangelist. I just don't ask for you to pay me for it.

If I was ever introduced to the God found in the bible I think the only appropriate response would be a slap to his face. Followed by, "You fucking knew better."
RE: Once was found...
Hello Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay. I look forward to your posts.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(August 17, 2009 at 6:21 pm)jonathanwithaj Wrote: I worry about the influence of the church on my son. He had a Noah's Ark toy given to him and I asked if they had any other genocide toys they would like to share. Like maybe a "Darfur Refugee Camp" toy he can play with. The joke was lost on the audience.

Haha, wasn't lost on me Smile

Welcome to the forums, I'm looking forward to what you have to say.
Welcome to the forums. I think the situation with your mother shows just how evil religion can be. It is horrible (and must be agonizing for yourself) to hear of a mother starving herself in an attempt to change your mind. Just shows how religion uses fear to attempt to convert.
Quote:I speak in tongues when no one else is around to make sure I still got it. It would seem that I do, at least under the influence of something or another.

me too....particularly when my nerves are bad or I just don't feel good....Its always nice to know I'm not alone

welcome, I just joined too so I look forward to seeing you around
"it's not possible to change your belief" - EvidenceVsFaith Big Grin

Welcome gonathan Wink
Welcome to the forums Jonathan.

(August 17, 2009 at 6:21 pm)jonathanwithaj Wrote: My mom fasts for my salvation. I asked her to keep on eating (she is terribly skinny) but fast Fox News instead. Or just Hannity. She is sticking with her no food on whatever day is fast day. Much to the disappointment of my step-dad who would like some more meat on her bones.

That's not good, your mom should eat.

(August 17, 2009 at 6:21 pm)jonathanwithaj Wrote: If I was ever introduced to the God found in the bible I think the only appropriate response would be a slap to his face. Followed by, "You fucking knew better."

Nice hahaha

Amp
Hello there. Welcome to these forums Jonathan.

Fr0d0, what's with the utterly ridiculous misquote?

EvF
Hey nice to see another Atheist. I wouldn't worry about those Noahs Ark toys. If a child has a parent that is an Atheist they usually will be one too.
Thank you for the welcome. It is nice to see like minded people. Everyone always expects Atheists to be wearing all black and only like industrial music. (Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I wear other colors, listen to as much indie/folk music as I can get my hands on and I still choose to believe there is no God/god/gods.)

I look forward to reading what you all post.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Once upon a time... Silent Snob 14 2037 March 30, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  I wrote a book once. NewKingJames 19 2274 March 21, 2017 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Looking for like-minded people, I found this forum! LivingForever 33 4007 November 3, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Glad I found this forum! drfuzzy 25 4341 July 6, 2015 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  An agnostic atheist who once wanted to be a minister ReadAndConsider 15 3767 May 23, 2013 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Thank God (hehe) I found you guys! lilkanyon 15 6822 February 24, 2012 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Nine
  I found my place !! :) Hi guys sindyann26 17 3837 December 19, 2011 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance