Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinner party
Dinner party
you get to invite 10 people living or dead and assume they can speak english when entering the dinner party, just give the names and a short description of why you would invite them.
these are mine

Mohammed the prophet,
see what he was like in person and see his reaction when i tell him what his teachings have resulted in.
Jesus
pretty much the same as mohammed but also to see what he looked like, it would be funny if he actually looked like george costanza short fat and bald after all these years of him being depicted looking like brad pitt with a beard.
Cleopatra
I dont even know much about her but again to see what she looked like and how she acted.
Caligula
see if he was as mental as people say he was.
Karl pilkington ricky gervais and steve merchant.
they are my favourite celebrities and would lighten the mood.
buckethead the guitarist
hopefully i could get him to unmask himself and he could play the guitar too after the foods been eaten for a bit of a sing along.
bruce lee
im sure he would have some wierd tricks he could do to impress the guests
derren brown
see if he can do any of those mind tricks on us

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Dinner party
Since fictional characters seem to be OK…

1. Gandalf
2. Storm
3. Superman
4. Batman
5. Mystique
6. Puff the Magic Dragon
7. Buffy Summers
8. The Doctor
9. Spock
10. Darth Vader
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(January 7, 2013 at 10:02 am)paulpablo Wrote: you get to invite 10 people living or dead and assume they can speak english when entering the dinner party, just give the names and a short description of why you would invite them.
these are mine

Mohammed the prophet,
see what he was like in person and see his reaction when i tell him what his teachings have resulted in.
Jesus
pretty much the same as mohammed but also to see what he looked like, it would be funny if he actually looked like george costanza short fat and bald after all these years of him being depicted looking like brad pitt with a beard.
Cleopatra
I dont even know much about her but again to see what she looked like and how she acted.
Caligula
see if he was as mental as people say he was.
Karl pilkington ricky gervais and steve merchant.
they are my favourite celebrities and would lighten the mood.
buckethead the guitarist
hopefully i could get him to unmask himself and he could play the guitar too after the foods been eaten for a bit of a sing along.
bruce lee
im sure he would have some wierd tricks he could do to impress the guests
derren brown
see if he can do any of those mind tricks on us

Mohammed was not a prophet, he was a mere mortal who started a cult which turned into a religion. Just like Christianity and just like Buddhism. Humans invent their superstitions.

Having said that.

Thomas Jefferson, to ask him what he would think about the corporate greed today(he himself got burned by banks himself).

Hypatia of Alexandria, and ask her what it was like back then to know that superstition was all bunk yet surrounded by idiots who bought into it.

Adolph Hitler, just so I could fucking beat the shit out of him and not allow him to take the coward's way out that he did.

Silvia Plath, to thank her for her poem "Cut". Maybe try to convince her she shouldn't have checked out the way she did.

Living.

Stephen Cobert, for exposing Fucks News for the clown show it has always been.

John Stewart, same reason.

Bill Mahr(sp), to thank him for the undervalued movie Religioulous.

I am sure I'll think of others, this is my short list. I was fortunate enough to meet the 4 Horsemen Dawkins, Dennet, Harris and Hitchens at the Cyrstal Clear Atheism convention in DC in 07. Didn't say much to them.
mohammed is historically known to be a person who did live, jesus it isnt known wether he was an actual living person or not but that doesnt mean he definitely is fictional

i would have put hitchens on mine if i had one more space

also i only used the word prophet to distinguish him from the millions of other mohammeds out there,

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Let me add more living.

I'madumbassjerk(Iran's PM) Just so I could cut his nuts off.

Kim Jong Un, same reason.

Malala just to say "YOU GO GIRL, don't let those pricks stop you".

Ayaan Hersi Ali, just to say "Sorry I didn't talk to you at the convention in 07"(Didn't know who she was at the time)

Rush Limbaugh just to say "SHUT THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE!"

Danny Snyder(owner of the Redskins) Just to say, "Ok, it seems you might have finally gotten your head out of your ass, now can you PLEASE change our butt ugly mustard yellow uniforms?"

(January 7, 2013 at 11:04 am)paulpablo Wrote: mohammed is historically known to be a person who did live, jesus it isnt known wether he was an actual living person or not but that doesnt mean he definitely is fictional

i would have put hitchens on mine if i had one more space

also i only used the word prophet to distinguish him from the millions of other mohammeds out there,
So?

George Washington existed to, but no sane person claims he had a crystal ball and could "see" the future. Mo was a con artist who convinced people he had a magic tin foil hat and could talk to his invisible friend.

We can see Superman in movies flying around New York city, that does not make Superman real, even if a real actor plays him.

A "seer" has been called many names in our human history. "Oracle", "soothsayer", "medium", "prophet", all the same ilk of superstition. No one has a crystal ball and no on talks to a god, they merely claim to talk to a god.
as i said, im not claiming he could see the future or had a crystal ball or anything.
and as ive already said i used the word prophet to distinguish him from other mohammeds so you knew who i was talking about.
Im not religious so i dont believe in any of the following titles priest bishop pope imam high priestess, but id still use the terms to clarify who im speaking about if it helped get my point across.

(January 7, 2013 at 11:23 am)paulpablo Wrote: as i said, im not claiming he could see the future or had a crystal ball or anything.
and as ive already said i used the word prophet to distinguish him from other mohammeds so you knew who i was talking about.
Im not religious so i dont believe in any of the following titles priest bishop pope imam high priestess, but id still use the terms to clarify who im speaking about if it helped get my point across.

Ok, I admit I am being a pedantic "semantic" word Nazi here. I simply think some words should be neutered so that the people who use them cant have the power they didn't earn in the first place.

The point being is that if you agree that no one has a crystal ball, then don't give them the undue and unfounded title of "prophet". If there is no such thing, then Mo was just a man, which is all he was.

It is the same as using the word "Reverend". I never use it. If I meet a person holding such titles, I call them by their first and last name, not their title. That is their title they use, for them. Since I am not into their superstition I will not use it to refer to them.

It all amounts to in reality, that titles are just titles and what matters more to me is who the person is and how they treat others as individuals, not their title, not in politics or religion or business. We all put our pants on one leg at a time. And since magic does not exist, and people don't talk to gods, merely themselves, such titles are unfounded.
John Bonham
Dimebag Darrell
Layne Staley
Cliff Burton

5 cocaine dispensing hookers

1 doctor with a defibrillator
Your list should probably include fewer dead rock stars and more living secret service agents, Cato.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(January 7, 2013 at 12:35 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Your list should probably include fewer dead rock stars and more living secret service agents, Cato.

Fuck!!! Excellent point; I forgot about those guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funeral or reveal party? c172 57 7402 August 14, 2023 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Ultimate Dinner Party onlinebiker 10 933 October 23, 2019 at 11:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Party like it's 19999? The Valkyrie 47 8832 April 18, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: KittyAnn
  party like it's 399? SaStrike 14 2086 April 17, 2018 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner? Joods 85 10385 November 24, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
Rainbow Flamboyance in rainbow colors for a party-HALP J a c k 23 2109 August 19, 2017 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Athene
  Dinner for a Francophile girl mcolafson 10 2273 September 26, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A Third Party Candidate? SteelCurtain 14 1344 June 5, 2016 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Your Top 5 favorite users on AF forums you want to have dinner with ErGingerbreadMandude 294 38413 February 25, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Forum game: who from AF would you invite to your party? emjay 301 29735 January 9, 2016 at 6:45 am
Last Post: Longhorn