Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 16, 2024, 3:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
France starts military intervention against islamists in Mali.
France starts military intervention against islamists in Mali.
I didn`t even notice this yesterday, since I didn`t watch the news.
But French military interventions generaly dont seem to get much coverage.
I hardly noticed their interventions in Ivory Coast.

The military actions yesterday and today seem to be a response to a suprise offensive by islamist forces yesterday.
So far 1 French soldier has died, islamist casulties unknown.

Quote:France had previously only committed to providing training and logistical support to Mali's military. By Thursday evening, however, rumors had begun circulating on the frontlines among the various Islamist groups and the notoriously poorly armed government soldiers that French troops were already on their way or had already arrived in Sevare, which is located near a large military barracks and airport.

Quote:The military has completely closed Sevare off to the media. But residents reached by phone on Friday morning reported having seen French special forces troops in the city. Speaking on condition of anonymity, several Malian officers confirmed the arrival of a small group of elite French soldiers, explaining that they are supposed to help the Malian army in its efforts to drive back the Islamists. One officer mentioned a handful of French soldiers primarily tasked with coordinating troop movements.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/worl...77050.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20997522
RE: France starts military intervention against islamists in Mali.
They also fucked up trying to rescue their agent.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013...in-somalia
I march against the Asagods
To bring the end of time.
I am pure and endless pain
And Surtr is my name.

See me rise, the mighty Surt,
Destroyer of the universe.
Bringer of flames and endless hurt
Scorcher of men and Earth.
Just look how fucking well this turned out....
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
I wonder if the other UN countries would fill in the gap if the US stopped with its interventionist policies?
I march against the Asagods
To bring the end of time.
I am pure and endless pain
And Surtr is my name.

See me rise, the mighty Surt,
Destroyer of the universe.
Bringer of flames and endless hurt
Scorcher of men and Earth.
France has a history of militarily intervening in it`s former colonies.

It did so in the last ten years in Ivory Coast, Congo and Mali.
And also had a big troop contingent stationed in Afghanistan.

Thing is, hardly anyone notices.

France (contary to sterotypical belief) has a very strong army, air force and navy and is not affraid to engage in military intervention.
And I am happy that at least one European country has the guts to engage in a more aggressive foreign policie when confronted with assholes.
The rest of Europe unfortunatly seems to prefer pussy politics and peace negotiations with monsers like Hamas.
Quote:France had previously only committed to providing training and logistical support to Mali's military.

Yeah - that's how it always starts. How many times have we fallen into that particular rathole.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  France '24 Mr Greene 12 562 July 9, 2024 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Why do we hate the American military institution? WinterHold 16 1142 November 23, 2021 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Ike Warns of unchecked military industry. Brian37 25 3039 May 26, 2020 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2896 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Vive L' France Minimalist 8 1336 August 2, 2016 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Priest killed outside of Rouen, France The Viking 12 1302 July 26, 2016 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Question Overthrowing oppressive regimes by military force Aractus 116 15778 March 12, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Strict gun control in france. CapnAwesome 93 16030 December 4, 2015 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  American military in afghanistan tor 73 11424 April 14, 2014 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Senshi
  America and military criticism BrokenQuill92 8 2433 January 17, 2014 at 9:45 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor