Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ridge: Bush officials sought to raise terror alert before '04 vote
Ridge: Bush officials sought to raise terror alert before '04 vote
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/...ror.level/

Interesting new information. It doesn't surprise me in the least. It just makes me even more angry about what happened in 2004. It was the first presidential election I could vote in, and of course I voted for Kerry.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Ridge: Bush officials sought to raise terror alert before '04 vote
That just confirms to me how crooked those 8 long, long years were. I'm sure a lot of things like this are going to come out in the future. I voted for Gore and Kerry.
binnyCoffee
The only surprise in this is that Ridge came clean.
Huffington Post Wrote:UPDATE: Former Bush administration officials are vehemently denying Ridge's statements.

"We went over backwards repeatedly and with great discipline to make sure politics did not influence any national security and homeland security decisions," former White House chief of staff Andy Card told Politico. "The clear instructions were to make sure politics never influenced anything."

"Under no circumstance was Tom Ridge or anyone else directed to change the threat level," former homeland security adviser Frances Townsend said. "It didn't work that way, and it certainly didn't work that way in 2004. It was always an apolitical process."

Well, I guess straight-up denial was the most we could expect from them..
Quote:I voted for Gore and Kerry.
Quote:I voted for Kerry.

But, Kerry was in Yale with Georgie. Kerry was in Skull and Bones with Bush. There is very little difference between Kerry and Bush. Of course, I think there is little difference between Bush and Obama. It's just funny to hear you guys say how much you hate the electoral system and it's winner, but hey I voted for the other guy. I have never voted, I know far too much about politics. If they ever offered me a candidate that said and did what I say and do... If they offered something I want, some "change I could believe in", I would vote and then some... But John Kerry and George Bush Jr. are two choices, but the same flavor. In fact, no one car be pres sine John F that isn't who they want to be pres...

Good old they.

-Pip
Quote:Former Bush administration officials are vehemently denying Ridge's statements.

That guarantees that they are true.
(August 21, 2009 at 9:27 pm)Pippy Wrote: But, Kerry was in Yale with Georgie. Kerry was in Skull and Bones with Bush. There is very little difference between Kerry and Bush.

Yes because going to the same school and being part of a club makes them the same person. e_e
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Quote: I think there is little difference between Bush and Obama. It's just funny to hear you guys say how much you hate the electoral system and it's win

Why? Be fascinating to learn your thinking.

The following is of course the perception of a non American who has no political axe to grind,except where American foreign policy involves my country and the death of my countrymen without a legitimate reason. In THAT regard, I say a pox on BOTH Bush and Obama.

My perceptions is that Bush was a goofy rabbit,but Obama is a fox.Bush is a spoiled rich man's son who never learned to think and who mistook stubbornness and blind loyalty for character. He was thus an incompetent president.. Obama is a very bright ,capable , and ruthless politician. I suspect only relatively few Americans yet realise just how bright and how ruthless. Too soon to tell how good a president he will be. So far,nothing startling.

Obama has been astute enough to keep some of the policies of the Bush administration for several reasons,not the least of which being his political survival. If he REALLY challenges the status quo,he will be a one term president and he knows it.

The Republican Bush administration was conservative, hawkish and corrupt. Obama is a centrist,who was fairly elected,and whose administration so far seems relatively honest. Unlike GWB, I think few people would accuse Obama of being a cipher.

So, yes, I can see SOME similarities, but I think to virtually equate one with the other is either simplistic to the point of idiocy or a cynicism worthy of----well,me. Devil
Bush had a bailout. It was a crime.
Barry had a bailout, it was bigger and more deceitful.

Bush named an administration of CEO and Execs. Illegal.
Barry named a cabinet of Israeli war criminals and Trilateral/PNAC thugs. Illegal and worrisome.

Bush had slumping public opinion, but then came the "attack" and the "war".
Barry is a rock star, but his polls are also slipping. When comes the false flag "attack" and the new "war"?

The last thing Bush did before leaving was seal presidential records and re-write the laws about presidential (and vice residential) accountability and privacy. He in fact changed almost the entirety of the executive branch, well... Cheney did, he was the real president...
The first thing Barry did was seal his records from Occidental College, spending about $1,000,000 to do so. It seems strange that his first priority was to cover his tracks... And markedly similar to the last president.

There is someone higher up than both these egomaniacs. Someone picked Bush, and made him win. Someone also picked Barry, groomed him to near perfection, and put him in power too. The people that really run america, call it the (dum-dum-dum) shadow government are still in charge. Nothing has changed. That is why I say they are one and the same. And if nothing changes, whomever they pick for the next president will also be one of "them".

Thank you,
-Pip
Shadow government? (dum-dum-dum)

How come I've never come across this clan? Who are they/show me the evidence? Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 4438 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 4807 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Yellow alert: warning USA in danger Eclectic 105 8010 November 25, 2022 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1449 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Bush V Gore and Florida and Trumpism. Brian37 30 2343 August 1, 2021 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 945 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7788 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Brian37 18 1335 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 755 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Vote Blue, no matter who Foxaèr 45 2948 February 9, 2020 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Prime Time