Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another law thread
Another law thread
As I do not like to hijack other people's work (though often it seems that is exactly what happens 9 out of 10 times here.) I try and avoid it if I can. That is why I started this thread rather than take the other one off course.

I was going to start a law thread to clear up any misconceptions anyway once I felt the other two thread I am working on petered out.

In those two thread I said Christians are not bound by the law as a means to righteousness. But what does this mean exactly? Does it mean Christian's do not sin because the law does not apply? Does it mean the law does not apply to them in some way? Does it mean we are free from all laws?
In a word no.

Being free from the law as a way to righteousness means. We are not bound by the law as a way to prove out worthyness to enter Heaven/Be with God. Under the old covenant, Man's worthyness was based on works or rather based on the good deeds he had done, and the attoniment he offered for the sins he committed. (Basicly how most of you think christianity works present day.) This is based off of a legalist model of catholisim which takes it ques for OT Judaism. Which is steeped in doctrine and tradition of the church but scripturally empty. In essence Being free from the law means God does not look at how we follow the law as His measure to our worthyness. That is when we accept the attonement Christ offers. Christ sacerfice covers all of the short comings. All of the things we can not ever hope to up hold.

So if we are free from the law then why try and still follow it? Love. If we Love God with all of our being (Heart, Mind Spirit and Strength) as our greatest command tells us, then we will seek out His want and will for our lives. For if you Love someone with just your heart will you not try and please this person? Or will you cheat on them and do the things they hate? Now multiply that love against every fiber of your being and try and cause pain to the one that love is directed at. Love is what binds us to seeking out God's will. Not as a means to righteousness, but because we love God.

What of the passage in Mt 5 where Christ tells us not one letter of the law shall pass away? It hasn't. Meaning the Law is still valid as means of identifying sin. Once sin has been idenified in the believers life then one must atone. Which pushes the believer to seek the attonement christ offered for us. For without the Law the identification of sin would not be possiable, without being able to identify sin we could not seek attonement. Many will perish under the law, Meaning many will die unsaved because the law will still be in effect at the time of our judgement. This is why the doctrine of substituted morality is so damning. Because it allows a person to find a 'self' righteousness/rightness allowing them to substitute God's Perfect righteousness with their own version, and if one is 'morally right' in his own version of reality then he/she will never seek the attonement God offers.

So why do believers Get a pass? Because with in the Law their is a provision for attonement. Some of you have asked "why did God demand animal sacerfice in the OT?" It was to illustrate this provision of attonement, and the future sacerfice He was to make on our behalf. So No one could deny the power or authority of the sacerfice the lamb of God would make once and for all.

And again this sacerfice is avaiable for all who want to love God. (even if they do not know how yet.)
RE: Another law thread
See, 20 other theologians could write something just as long and contradict you and each of themselves. And then they could spend hours debating about what the Bible says, and write hundreds of pages, and maybe start some new denominations and perhaps a war.

God has clearly failed as a communicator.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Unconditional love is a difficult and rare thing. Humans can do it. God can't. Or won't.

God made laws he knew his creations could not fulfill so that he could look like a hero by claiming to let us off the hook. He could have made rules mankind could follow. He could have made mankind capable of following his rules.

It's just a huge scam.
What is this all about Drich?

Maybe you need to use more pictures?
What is a sacerfice again?

You know what I just realized? = Your constant ignorance of your own misspelling isn't because you don't have a spell check or because you're too damn lazy to perform one ... you simply don't know how to spell.

Spelling the word worthiness or sacrifice wrong just one time can easily be overlooked, but spelling the same word wrong over and over is just your own lack of intelligence and/or education. Why should any of us stop to even consider the posts you type when you haven't even mastered the education it takes to spell simple words? You have the entire world wide web to make yourself look intelligent and you can't even make use of it? You understand what I'm saying right? If you can't even form your thoughts into correctly spelled words why are we even bothering with you and your "work" here.

Feel free to link this post for your church members to read. If the rest of the sheep are as uneducated and lazy as you are, Jesus will be the only one who is humiliated. Undecided

(January 20, 2013 at 8:18 pm)Drich Wrote:

Being free from the law as a way to righteousness means. We are not bound by the law as a way to prove out worthyness to enter Heaven/Be with God. Under the old covenant, Man's worthyness was based on works or rather based on the good deeds he had done, and the attoniment he offered for the sins he committed. (Basicly how most of you think christianity works present day.) This is based off of a legalist model of catholisim which takes it ques for OT Judaism. Which is steeped in doctrine and tradition of the church but scripturally empty. In essence Being free from the law means God does not look at how we follow the law as His measure to our worthyness. That is when we accept the attonement Christ offers. Christ sacerfice covers all of the short comings. All of the things we can not ever hope to up hold.

So if we are free from the law then why try and still follow it? Love. If we Love God with all of our being (Heart, Mind Spirit and Strength) as our greatest command tells us, then we will seek out His want and will for our lives. For if you Love someone with just your heart will you not try and please this person? Or will you cheat on them and do the things they hate? Now multiply that love against every fiber of your being and try and cause pain to the one that love is directed at. Love is what binds us to seeking out God's will. Not as a means to righteousness, but because we love God.

What of the passage in Mt 5 where Christ tells us not one letter of the law shall pass away? It hasn't. Meaning the Law is still valid as means of identifying sin. Once sin has been idenified in the believers life then one must atone. Which pushes the believer to seek the attonement christ offered for us. For without the Law the identification of sin would not be possiable, without being able to identify sin we could not seek attonement. Many will perish under the law, Meaning many will die unsaved because the law will still be in effect at the time of our judgement. This is why the doctrine of substituted morality is so damning. Because it allows a person to find a 'self' righteousness/rightness allowing them to substitute God's Perfect righteousness with their own version, and if one is 'morally right' in his own version of reality then he/she will never seek the attonement God offers.

So why do believers Get a pass? Because with in the Law their is a provision for attonement. Some of you have asked "why did God demand animal sacerfice in the OT?" It was to illustrate this provision of attonement, and the future sacerfice He was to make on our behalf. So No one could deny the power or authority of the sacerfice the lamb of God would make once and for all.

And again this sacerfice is avaiable for all who want to love God. (even if they do not know how yet.)
[Image: Evolution.png]

(January 20, 2013 at 9:12 pm)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: What is this all about Drich?

Maybe you need to use more pictures?

Of course it is about Drippy. He has this need to portray himself as hot shit to his silly ass god.

I'm sure he can fool his "god." He sure as shit can't fool me.
So no questions?

Everyone understands what is being communicated here, but out of everything said the 'best' arguement (or rather the longest one) is an appeal to spell check?
Drich, good reasoning.
Quote:So if we are free from the law then why try and still follow it? Love. If we Love God with all of our being (Heart, Mind Spirit and Strength) as our greatest command tells us, then we will seek out His want and will for our lives. For if you Love someone with just your heart will you not try and please this person? Or will you cheat on them and do the things they hate? Now multiply that love against every fiber of your being and try and cause pain to the one that love is directed at. Love is what binds us to seeking out God's will. Not as a means to righteousness, but because we love God.

I'm confused by this paragraph. Why do you love God?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(January 20, 2013 at 11:56 pm)Drich Wrote: So no questions?

Everyone understands what is being communicated here, but out of everything said the 'best' arguement (or rather the longest one) is an appeal to spell check?

Drich, I don't think anyone here cares about a particular theological interpretation. It's all made up hocus pocus.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral Law LinuxGal 7 544 November 8, 2023 at 8:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1302 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Cardinal Bernard Law dead at 86 KevinM1 14 1915 December 21, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Another "how could any intelligent woman be a Christian?" thread drfuzzy 17 2840 September 14, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Christians are the greatest sinners according to their god's law rado84 25 3831 August 3, 2016 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  If the Exodus didn't happen, the Jews wouldn't put themselves under the Mosaic law Dolorian 57 13275 November 5, 2014 at 7:23 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  It time for another What if... Thread! Drich 74 9375 October 26, 2014 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  Being apart from the law thread, restarted. Losty 7 2123 August 24, 2014 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Losty
  what being apart from the law means. Drich 173 65934 August 23, 2014 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why I hate the protection from the law which churches give their members. Something completely different 11 6062 February 12, 2013 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Something completely different