Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man who paraded "captain kirk" in 23rd century fruit of looms appointed to show Darth Vader in diapers.
Man who paraded "captain kirk" in 23rd century fruit of looms appointed to show Darth Vader in diapers.
Yes, the Star War franchise, having reached bottom with Jar Jar binks, will now begin to dig under the direction of same J J Abrams who made Captain kirk look more rediculous than senile, bloated William shatner ever could.
RE: Man who paraded "captain kirk" in 23rd century fruit of looms appointed to show Darth Vader in diapers.
I think I've said before that almost any other director would be better than Lucas, the one person who doesn't understand how Star Wars works; however I think they can do so much better than Abrams. I've not yet seen anything of his that I found coherent, let alone watchable, including his "let's cram in as many classic series references as we can, appropriate or not, so the audience won't notice the plot holes" Star Trek effort.

On the other hand, this is going to happen whether the audience wants it to or not; and like the well-trained puppies we are, we'll pay to lap it up regardless.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Man who paraded "captain kirk" in 23rd century fruit of looms appointed to show Darth Vader in diapers.
Yeah, Lucas bears all the mark of a talentless man who got incredibly lucky once, and ever afterwards, egged on by his dimwitted grouppies, was insufferable in his conviction that what had been total luck was sublime talent.

His later Star Wars movies were like a man who won the jack pot once trying to prove he he won a game of pure chance by skill, by playing the lottery again and again, while wearing ever more garish "lucky jacket".

Now JJ Abrams and Disney is trying to put cheap tin foil packages on these jackets and make a buck selling them.
Quote:Now JJ Abrams and Disney is trying to put cheap tin foil packages on these jackets and make a buck selling them.

Quote:Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.
H. L. Mencken
As far as J.J. Abrams goes, I've only seen Star Trek, and not being a trekkie nor concerned about the source material, I enjoyed it.

I really don't care who is slated to direct it. I will judge it just as any other movie, by the appearance of its entertainment value. Seeing how the last installments of the franchise were utter shit, however, the previews and the buzz surrounding it are really going to have to amaze me to get me to drop money on it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
My only real concern is all this seemingly obsessive drive to keep churning out Star Wars sequels. We've watched the Rebels overcome the forces of the Empire; we've snored as Darth Vader grew from a whiny prepubescent to a whiny emo teen. The dust has settled from the last Death Star over what's left of the surface of Endor, the story has been told, good has overcome evil. Why not let sleeping Emperors lie?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
A combination of potential profit and the lack of artistic integrity.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 25, 2013 at 5:31 pm)Stimbo Wrote: My only real concern is all this seemingly obsessive drive to keep churning out Star Wars sequels. We've watched the Rebels overcome the forces of the Empire; we've snored as Darth Vader grew from a whiny prepubescent to a whiny emo teen. The dust has settled from the last Death Star over what's left of the surface of Endor, the story has been told, good has overcome evil. Why not let sleeping Emperors lie?

Trampy as the whole franchise is, there is still no limit to how many more times it can be raped.
All sadly true of course. I'm only surprised we've not had Casablanca Episode 27: Rick's In Space yet.
(January 25, 2013 at 5:33 pm)Faith No More Wrote: A combination of potential profit and the lack of artistic integrity.

It's 30 plus years since the original. Time for a re-make with Justin Bieber as Luke, Lindsay Lohan as the princess, and Dick Cheney as Darth Veder.

If it succeeds they can get Chris Christie to play Jabba the Hut when they remake that one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 343 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  A President Show Documentary: The Fall of Donald Trump Fake Messiah 0 324 October 18, 2018 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Netflix Show-- Maniac bennyboy 2 255 September 24, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Joss Whedon's new show Foxaèr 13 1239 July 16, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Donald Trump as Captain Kirk. Jehanne 0 337 March 22, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Favorite old Cartoon Network show? ƵenKlassen 1 411 November 29, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Alexmahone
  Favorite old Nickelodeon show? ƵenKlassen 22 1841 November 25, 2017 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Pull the spindle out of his butt, shove it in his mouth, and cancel his TV show ! vorlon13 7 843 April 5, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Watched a great show & NDE Foxaèr 2 588 January 28, 2017 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  HBO's Biggest Sunday Night Show returns 2/12 SteelCurtain 2 810 January 18, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain