Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigrant problem?
Immigrant problem?
I don't really understand the immigration problem some people from england say they have for an example, it said that my country also has that. What I define immigration problem to be is if we can't have room for them, make them feel welcome, sending wrong people home or treat them the wrong way.

Other peoples defintion of immigration problem either regards that they work or that they do work. If they work are they stealing jobs and if they don't do people regard them as lazy and abusing the system. But also does this not always regard those who are immigrants, it also regards those who called immigrants but acctually are 2nd, 3rd or even 4th generation. In some cases even those who look like immigrants, in other words those who looks like arabs.

I say that if someone is a citizen is a swede or whatever country that person may live in. If that person have newly become a citizen then I guess that he/she could be called New-swede or new-english etc. I see immigrants as those who just come to the country, but perhaps also those who might have just become citizens.

English persons who come to Sweden are strangely not called immigrants, they just reffered as english. Contrary to people coming from the east side of the world does english-speaking people not learn swedish. Or they do but they hardly use it since they can use english to make themselves understand. But if a person from Iraq can't speak good swedish after some months is he regarded to be unwilling to become a swede and should be thrown out of the country. However, the american or enlish person who have lived 3 years or more and can barely speak swedish don't get treated the same way.

If I move the england, for an example, am I as much as an immigrant as an indian or saudi arabian, however people don't se it like that. I'm called a swede not an immigrant, because that group is made by people from africa+asia and east european countries.

What I see as an imigrant problem is that they are treated diffrently depending on what they come from. Which I mean by that an american can pretty much become an citizen right away, while someone from Uganda or Afghanistan have to wait, some even in cell, sometimes up to three-five years before they maybe get rejected and send back.

Someone with a education from a India don't get a job, even how good he is. While an american easily can get the same job, or someone with a swedish name. Because sometimes it doesn't matter how good swedish you can speak. You may even have a local dialect and all and have been born in the country, you will sometimes never get a job or apartment in the central parts of the city if your name doesnt end with son
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
RE: Immigrant problem?
There is an immigrant problem if you let anyone join your country. I support countries that have high standards regarding who they let become a citizen and how they allow them to do it. Background checks should be something that all countries do on people who want to become a citizen of their country. They should also only allow a certain number of new citizens each year. I don't know how your country does it but in America we have a system where we make people apply and then we look them over and after a certain time we will accept them if everything checks out. Then we have this free for all system where we allow Mexicans to jump the border and once they are here unless they are caught doing something else illegal we don't make them leave. I don't know how the rest of the world views our immigration policies but most Americans disagree with allowing illegal aliens to stay in America regardless of where they come from. It's not a matter of taking our jobs because what illegal alien can really compete? A lot of the poor uneducated rednecks in the south are mad about job losses but then again those people lack about as much education as those immigrants and so they compete for jobs with them. The issue with the illegal immigration that's scary to most Americans is that they can kill someone or rape someone and they aren't in the system. We can take all of the DNA samples we want and we'll never find those people. There are a lot of problems with murder, rape, theft, and drug trade along border towns and it's a really big problem for Americans that live in those areas.
Ottumwa is backed (or was..) with them, hard to find a person that can say "HI," in english. The pork plant was hiring them for little of nothing. Not going to go to far in this one (I know I would be kicked by the end of it...), just depends on who you are. Truly I think this one will end of being a civ. war (guns and ammo!).
Quote:Ottumwa is backed (or was..) with them,

Ottumwa? Do you know Radar O'Reilly?

OK,I guess you get asked that all the time huh?
Here in NZ we get a lot of asians, which is sweet cause they're smart and generally quiet and nice, but the odd one is a fucking obnoxious jerk.

One thing i hate about certain immigrants is when they come over here and then decide to complain about OUR culture (beer, pies and sport basically). If you don't like the way we live then you can fucking leave!
In Singapore we have a LOT of people coming in from China. Incredible smart folks but some can be annoying too. Oh well, you get all sorts in this world eh. Smile
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(September 10, 2009 at 7:16 am)Retorth Wrote: In Singapore we have a LOT of people coming in from China. Incredible smart folks but some can be annoying too. Oh well, you get all sorts in this world eh. Smile

Do you find the Chinese always keep to themselves? Here they are notoriously anti-social.
They always stick amongst themselves yeah. You are totally right about that. Always in cliques of their own. And they wonder why locals don't "treat them the same".
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
Quote:Do you find the Chinese always keep to themselves? Here they are notoriously anti-social.

ALWAYS? No

You simply don't understand. People of the Middle Kingdom are not in the least anti social. It's just that they are simply so superior to ALL other people's, they can't be bothered mixing with their inferiors.
Besides,the very idea of a decent Chinese child marrying a gwai lo or gwai po just doesn't bear thinking about.

Angel Cloud
(September 11, 2009 at 7:22 am)padraic Wrote:
Quote:Do you find the Chinese always keep to themselves? Here they are notoriously anti-social.

ALWAYS? No

You simply don't understand. People of the Middle Kingdom are not in the least anti social. It's just that they are simply so superior to ALL other people's, they can't be bothered mixing with their inferiors.
Besides,the very idea of a decent Chinese child marrying a gwai lo or gwai po just doesn't bear thinking about.

Angel Cloud

If you're joking it wasn't funny, if you were being serious then you're a tool.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's immigrant background hitting close to home Alex K 20 2591 August 10, 2016 at 4:49 am
Last Post: Alex K