Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's immigrant background hitting close to home
Trump's immigrant background hitting close to home
I just found out that the Trump family comes from a village I've actually been to, about a 20 minutes drive from where I grew up.
It's actually a quite pretty small town in the middle of the vineyards, with lots of wine making, and wine drinking.

[Image: Pension_Weinberge.jpg]

There don't seem to be living any Trumps any more, but there did until not too long ago, as one can tell from local gravestones

[Image: 0,,19014513_404,00.jpg]

Apparently, the Heinz family of Heinz ketchup fame also came from there.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Trump's immigrant background hitting close to home
What country is it thooo? Germany?

Someone obviously needs to remind him of the boat trip his grandparents went on, he seems to be under some misguided illusion he's Navajo
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(August 9, 2016 at 8:48 am)Yeauxleaux Wrote: What country is it thooo? Germany?

Yup

https://www.google.de/maps/place/67169+K...4d8.177504

Quote:Someone obviously needs to remind him of the boat trip his grandparents went on, he seems to be under some misguided illusion he's Navajo
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

There's quite a lot of American brand families coming from Germany. Such as Wilhelm Eduard Böing, probably better know for the company he founded, which would be Boeing. His parents took the boat. Or Frank Seiberling, founder of Goodyear.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 9, 2016 at 9:05 am)abaris Wrote:

There's quite a lot of American brand families coming from Germany. Such as Wilhelm Eduard Böing, probably better know for the company he founded, which would be Boeing. His parents took the boat. Or Frank Seiberling, founder of Goodyear.

My own little village of 550 inhabitants can at least claim to be the birthplace of Frederick Lauer, first president of the American Brewer's Association Smile
A huge crowd of people emigrated from this region (which is for example why I mostly share a dialect with the Pennsylvania Amish) in the 19th century for economical reasons.

(August 9, 2016 at 9:09 am)Alex K Wrote: My own little village of 550 inhabitants can at least claim to be the birthplace of Frederick Lauer, first president of the American Brewer's Association Smile
A huge crowd of people emigrated from this region in the 19th century.

The largest groups in the 19th century came from Germany, Ireland, Italy and the Austro Hungarian Empire.
(August 9, 2016 at 9:05 am)abaris Wrote: There's quite a lot of American brand families coming from Germany. Such as Wilhelm Eduard Böing, probably better know for the company he founded, which would be Boeing.

It was probably a good idea to add the E rather than try keeping the umlaut but imagine all the jokes that could have been made about crash landings and the sound of 'Boing!!!', "I'm flying to Europe in a Bouncemobile". "I think the spring has gone in my seat, they must be using it in the engine" etc ....
Please stop sending us people, we're none too happy with the ones already here.

Looks like a lovely place.
(August 9, 2016 at 12:35 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Please stop sending us people, we're none too happy with the ones already here.

Well, we exported something to Germany that your imports can't trump in any way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1059 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 951 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36895 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3153 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I still call "Arnhem Land" home! ignoramus 7 1253 January 24, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Poor Drumpf..The Nazis Are Coming Home To Roost Minimalist 34 5002 January 14, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4121 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  TheOnion - Too Close To The Truth For Comfort Minimalist 7 1427 October 28, 2016 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sweet Home Alabigotry, Brian37 3 638 September 11, 2016 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1682 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon