Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Problem Has Now Been Defined
The Problem Has Now Been Defined
Fucking democrats didn't get off their fucking asses.

[Image: Cw1RUvqWgAATypw.jpg]

Just under 100 million eligible voters couldn't be bothered.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/eligible-v...d-results/

Trump actually underperformed Romney by well over one million votes.
RE: The Problem Has Now Been Defined
No, the problem was a complacent and utterly arrogant DNC practically forcing through an underwhelming candidate that could not inspire people to *get* off their arses and vote.

How many times just on this very forum did you hear the phrase "I held my nose and voted Hillary"? How many millions decided that she simply was not worth " holding my nose" for? Her campaign was lethargic at best, resting mainly on " I'm not the other guy."

Clinton brought practically nothing new to the table, whereas all Trump had to do was stir up emotions, be the louder voice, and receive literally billions of dollars worth of free media attention.

Bear in mind I'm saying this as someone who was *convinced* Clinton was going to walk it, because I believed all the pollsters and commentators, news networks and journalists who rested on their laurels and heard little but the echoes of their own narrative within their little bubbles.

And already I see the first signs that the DNC, like the GOP during the Obama years, will not learn from this. They will push harder down the road they're already trudging down, and Trump will be able to do whatever the fuck he wants for almost a decade.

It is the responsibility of a presidential candidate to convince people that they are actually worth fighting for, and not just because they are the lesser of two evils. On this front, Clinton failed spectacularly. Now we're going to see exactly what's really going on inside Donald Trump's head, only instead of it being on an edition of Celebrity Big Brother a few years down the line, it's going to produce political shockwaves that will change the course of history.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Quote:No, the problem was a complacent and utterly arrogant DNC practically forcing through an underwhelming candidate that could not inspire people to *get* off their arses and vote.

Bullshit.  Hillary won the nomination and Bernie lost.  And it wasn't all that close.  That chart shows a republicunt ceiling.  Drumpf did worse than McCain AND Romney but it was the fucking democrats being whiny little bitches who put Drumpf in the White House.

Well, fuck 'em.  They can enjoy Drumpf sticking his dick up their asses for the next 4 years secure in the knowledge that they have no one to blame but themselves.
Not to mention the heritage of dicks in the ass provided by the supreme court.
That's all part of it.

Fuck it.  I'm going to go walk my dog.  He's got more sense than Drumpf.
I knew it. Hillary just couldn't mobilize them. People were passionate about Obama. Nobody was really passionate about her. To be honest, why should they have been?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Too many people in the USA think politics is just noise on the television - which it can be, until it isn't.
Hillary essentially promised more of the same, and that just didn't cut it. She won the primary because of name recognition and an establishment that had chosen her as though by divine right.

Arrogance and complacency, the entire way through. To deny this is to shy away from the *actual* path to fixing their shit and stopping the Orange Avenger.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(November 10, 2016 at 11:51 pm)Aegon Wrote: I knew it. Hillary just couldn't mobilize them. People were passionate about Obama. Nobody was really passionate about her. To be honest, why should they have been?

I wasn't either, at first.  But over time I realized people NEEDED to be or we'd got, well, what we just got, so I did some mental gymnastics.

I still don't hate her the way others do, but I loved Bernie.  He was loved by rural people too, the people that Trump appealed to.  He would have won.

BTW I was really motivated for Obama.  My hubby dubbed him Double Obama in the 2008 primaries, and I even knocked on doors and handed out fliers.
I donated $10 to Bernies campaign.  It's not much, but hey, I'm disabled on a budget right now. 
For Hillary...I voted.  I didn't even post positive nice stuff on social media.  I did make a few arguments here in her favor, but like what, twice?  
Sigh.

But these are the same problem.  Min is right, the Democrats didn't get out and vote.  And everyone else is right, they didn't get out and vote because they weren't motivated to do so. They weren't motivated to do so because a LOT of the younger voters really, really wanted to vote for change.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(November 10, 2016 at 11:56 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Hillary essentially promised more of the same, and that just didn't cut it. She won the primary because of name recognition and an establishment that had chosen her as though by divine right.

Arrogance and complacency, the entire way through. To deny this is to shy away from the *actual* path to fixing their shit and stopping the Orange Avenger.

Right.  We cannot make this mistake again.  If we even get another chance, we have to do it right.  Get someone who the people LOVE.  It matters.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three months ago I would have been dead ... Gawdzilla Sama 21 1230 October 30, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 537 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Saudi Arabia had been sold :) WinterHold 4 1233 January 25, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fox has just been insulted YahwehIsTheWay 11 1110 November 27, 2018 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I've been thinking about racism, immigration, violence, murder and culture Shinri 6 728 October 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Jordan Should Have Been A Priest Instead of a Congressman Minimalist 1 426 July 11, 2018 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1242 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Article of impeachment has been filed NuclearEnergy 13 3189 July 12, 2017 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Idiot" Would Not Have Been My First Choice Minimalist 15 3953 July 10, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Fuck-Up Fatigue Setting In and Its Only Been A Month Minimalist 4 1333 February 14, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist