Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 5:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook page of pure stupid
Facebook page of pure stupid
I would though I would share this.
And its title is a complete Oxymoron
Intelligent and educated Christians
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Facebook page of pure stupid
Isaac Newton was an intelligent and educated Christian.
Francis Collins is an intelligent and educated Christian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Collins

Quote:Francis Sellers Collins (born April 14, 1950), is an American physician-geneticist noted for his discoveries of disease genes and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP)
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(January 27, 2013 at 2:14 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Isaac Newton was an intelligent and educated Christian.

Yes but the theory of evolution had not been discovered yet, so he has an excuse.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Theo Van Gogh was a fundamentalist, mad and radical calvenist christian.

Tolstoy was crazy, simply mad, spending the rest of his life without sex, alcohol or anything "pleasurefull" like a monk, a ultraorthodox russian christian.

Doesnt change my attitude towards Russian literature nore Van Gogh`s paintings.
(January 27, 2013 at 2:22 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: Francis Collins is an intelligent and educated Christian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Collins

Quote:Francis Sellers Collins (born April 14, 1950), is an American physician-geneticist noted for his discoveries of disease genes and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP)

There are escipions to the rule, The page should be called ' intelligent and educated Creationists' that's a true oxymoron.
Its all just creationist.... Ooops, I mean Intelligent Design bullshit.
Seriously? I know that there are certainly some intelligent and educated Christians, I know this because Slacktivist, who's been liveblogging the Left Behind series for years, is one. But, really, these guys at that Facebook page, aren't among that number.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Here's one who has to be intelligent and educated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Baumgardner

Quote:Baumgardner has a Ph.D. in geophysics and space science from the University of California at Los Angeles and works at the Los Alamos National Laboratory

Then there's this -

Quote:John R. Baumgardner is a geophysicist, young earth creationist, intelligent design supporter and Christian fundamentalist.[1][2]
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
I can assure you that from what I have read of this Facebook page these christians in particular appear to be idiots.

Quote:[Image: 529052_417809704961996_172121459_n.jpg]

I also found this gem of a channel on there:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tektontv

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That stupid criminal thread. Brian37 38 2559 January 19, 2022 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Stupid crap you believed as a kid/teen. Brian37 18 1243 June 12, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Are they really that stupid? no one 31 1973 July 16, 2020 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Stupid Newspapers/ books Fake Messiah 2 261 June 16, 2018 at 9:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  The sun: A story of pure brightness. Edwardo Piet 3 311 December 11, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Idea for a New Facebook Feature. Edwardo Piet 1 290 August 31, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  My stupid dream ... ignoramus 1 464 August 23, 2016 at 5:08 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Love => Lice...Inspired by some posts on Facebook. Tiberius 25 4153 June 3, 2013 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Eric9001
  Events of the American electoral campain which are so stupid that it hurts. krautpasta 2 1591 May 17, 2013 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Facebook in the past pocaracas 2 1186 November 3, 2012 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: festive1