Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My stupid dream ...
My stupid dream ...
I'm putting this in the humour section because of its sheer idiocy ...
I was lucid dreaming last night... Before I went to bed, I was out the back yard having a smoke, looking up to the night sky and wondering
if an all knowing entity or something (like Star Trek's Q) said I can ask only one specific question, he will answer it.
That had me stumped! What could I ask?

Is our model of the big bang accurate? (no life changing knowledge there either way)

Is God real? (doesn't mean anything if we don't have a baseline on the definition to start with)
We all know the Abrahamic God is bullshit, so I ain't wasting the question of a lifetime on that nonsense.

Or maybe something a little more practical: Are Big Macs really made of 100% beef?
Or any chance of next months mega lottery? Yeah Baby! Naughty

Ok, So I'm in bed thinking about this stuff.
I finally ask the entity (in my dream) : when, where and how will I die?

He said, I cannot answer that as the natural flow of events in the future is fixed and you changing things unnaturally could have disastrous consequences.
I said, OK, then just tell me 2 of the 3. Tell me when and how.

So he proceeded to tell me that I will be hit by a bus on this specific day in 10 years.
So my dream fast forwards to that "special day". Instead of doing the normal things, I do not leave the house at all! I will cheat death!

The whole day goes wonderfully, the evening comes around, I'm feeling relieved and relaxed. I turn the tv on to catch up on a bit of news.
There's a live coverage of an out of control bus careering down the main road (no brakes)!
I thought to myself, OMG, that's the bus that was meant to kill me had I been crossing the road!
With my eyes glued to the tv, I notice that this road is not too far away from me... I also notice that the bus has now veered off course.
Possibly to minimise the loss of life.
Then I see it on the tv heading straight to my house! My mouth drops! Seconds later the massive bus ploughs through the brickwork of my house and eventually comes to a stop in the lounge room.... On top of me. Squished like a bug!

As the director of my own lucid dream, I thought WTF! I am such a stupid dream director!
Just as I was coming out of the dream I analysed my logic and realised that this godly Q type entity wouldn't have give me those 2 details of when and how if it was going to change history... Doh!

Anyway folks, That is the very stupid dream I had last night... Dunno

Which brings me to my question. What is the one question of a lifetime you would ask?... Would it be technical, practical, philosophical, etc?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: My stupid dream ...
"How comes You gave birth to yourself?".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That stupid criminal thread. Brian37 38 2569 January 19, 2022 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Stupid crap you believed as a kid/teen. Brian37 18 1251 June 12, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Are they really that stupid? no one 31 2018 July 16, 2020 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Stupid Newspapers/ books Fake Messiah 2 261 June 16, 2018 at 9:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  Events of the American electoral campain which are so stupid that it hurts. krautpasta 2 1593 May 17, 2013 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Facebook page of pure stupid Gooders1002 13 4286 January 27, 2013 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  Stupid (and awesome) signs and product warnings Jackalope 20 10288 August 30, 2012 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Stupid EDL tweet starts a comedy hashtag (thanks to YouTuber Coughlan616) Tiberius 3 2278 April 17, 2012 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Stupid conversation I recently had of Facebook Ziploc Surprise 4 3326 December 7, 2011 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Handprint
  Dream wedding thesummerqueen 1 1016 January 5, 2011 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist