Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia wants to Ban gays from school
Georgia wants to Ban gays from school
Yes you read right:
Georgia lawmakers want to add millions a program that supports schools who explicitly ban gay and lesbian students.
No gays allowed?
Personally, as a gay man myself, I am more than horrified but there seems to be a lot of opposition and rightly so. I have put in a link tell the Georgia state school superintendent, were to shove this bill.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Georgia wants to Ban gays from school
Oh, I wish I was in Dixie... Not really.
Wrong, totally wrong!
(January 28, 2013 at 9:44 pm)Christian Wrote: Wrong, totally wrong!
I may sound stupid but, Are you saying I am wrong or the bill is wrong?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Quote:State Representative Earl Ehrhart, a Republican who runs the Faith First Georgia state scholarship organization, has said he will push to increase the amount of state money allocated each year for the scholarships to $100 million during this legislative session.

Well that certainly fucking figures, doesn't it? A republicunt and a xtian. The worst of all possible combos.
(January 28, 2013 at 9:54 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote:
(January 28, 2013 at 9:44 pm)Christian Wrote: Wrong, totally wrong!
I may sound stupid but, Are you saying I am wrong or the bill is wrong?

Mister Sir Gooders1002
The Bill is wrong Smile
(January 28, 2013 at 11:45 pm)Christian Wrote:
(January 28, 2013 at 9:54 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: I may sound stupid but, Are you saying I am wrong or the bill is wrong?

Mister Sir Gooders1002
The Bill is wrong Smile

Is it wrong because discrimination based on sexual orientation is wrong, or is it wrong because God commands the death sentence for homosexuals and the bill doesn't go far enough?
(January 28, 2013 at 11:55 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
(January 28, 2013 at 11:45 pm)Christian Wrote: Mister Sir Gooders1002
The Bill is wrong Smile

Is it wrong because discrimination based on sexual orientation is wrong, or is it wrong because God commands the death sentence for homosexuals and the bill doesn't go far enough?

Snacks
The Bill is wrong Smile

FFS just ask him his opinion, don't lay traps.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
The Bill is wrong Smile

Mister Sir Ryantology, discrimination based on sexual orientation is wrong, because its against God's wishes. If anyone is gay, didn't my god foresee this occurring? This is where fundamentalist false Christians fail in the eyes of our Lord.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ban the loser above you. Paul the Human 17313 1606770 April 22, 2022 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 446 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Nobody wants to work anymore Foxaèr 92 6205 October 29, 2021 at 11:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2153 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Excell high school fake or not fake viocjit 13 1549 February 4, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  The Goddess wants to know.... Dom 11 1075 September 27, 2018 at 8:50 am
Last Post: brewer
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1140 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Ban the person above you! Dr. Dank 57 5249 November 18, 2017 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Female wants to join Boy Scouts Richard Loeb 30 4391 March 10, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Who wants a meet-up? Cyberman 5 687 February 24, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Cyberman