Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is God YOUR Engine?
Is God YOUR Engine?
Sick bags at the ready:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7fiA6ULvk8

This is the article TJ talks about:

http://divinelove.co.za/the-soldier/#more-1265
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Is God YOUR Engine?
Soooooo much bullshit...
Could've been on a slope. He could've moved it by just taking the brakes off.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Not as exciting as magic, though, really. It's like that old one about the anonymous college professor who challenged God to stop a stick of chalk from breaking on the floor after being dropped; whereupon it supposedly bounced off his leg and onto his foot, before rolling unbroken to the floor. The capacity for the wilfully credulous to concoct increasingly absurd scenarios simply to feed into their gullibility never ceases to amaze me.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
God is not his engine. it is just the smoke coming out of his malfunctioning engine.
Hysterical but I have no doubt that there are plenty of xtian shitwits who will uncritically accept such blatant nonsense.

Not all - but some - xtians are almost too fucking stupid to be believed.
Sadly that's all too true. For instance, a friend of mine, a hobby xtian before I turned him to the dark side, once told me of a story he was told by, and starring, his then pastor. Apparently she was walking home late one night when she was set upon by a gang of youths intent on some evil designs. Anyway, just as she was about to be got at, they stopped, looked scared and ran off. One of them was caught by some passerby or random copper, and he explained that this pastor had been defended by some sword-wielding angel thing. I'm not sure what I found more pathetic; that my friend believed it without question, or that the pastor knew in her cynical heart that her flock would do so. The fact that my friend thought I'd be impressed by it is neither here nor there.

On a similar note, here's another vignette from that Divine Love site about the real reason Why Women Cry (hint: it's not because she's skipped another period, nor because she walks into doors a lot).
Wow...utterly puke-inducing sanctimonious horseshit, Stim.
Not that there are any atheists in foxholes as you know.
Thanks Stimbo! This perfectly explains why rednecks decorate their yards with several unusable vehicles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love the Lord your God with all your heart ? Angrboda 144 23030 June 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12462 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Your God is your ultimate barrier to finding the Godhead. Greatest I am 1 1456 May 2, 2012 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6706 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad
  Yahweh is all powerful, yet, my god is better than your GOD Castle 92 17670 September 22, 2011 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Castle