Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nasty Get Nastier
The Nasty Get Nastier
There needs to be a vigilante for "stupid" justice who punches out the people who do petty, spiteful things - especially when they try to blow things up in order to cover their own shame.

http://gawker.com/5980558/pastor-who-lef...was-ruined
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: The Nasty Get Nastier
While this guy is a bit of a prick, I don't like the idea of a set tip. If someone wants to tip, then let them tip you what they want.

I very rarely tip... I just can't really afford to. I pay for what I have bought and that is that.

Anyway, that is about tipping in general... back to the individual case... I'd slap that person silly.
Cunt
Quote:"My heart is really broken," the 37-year-old told The Smoking Gun. "I've brought embarrassment to my church and ministry."

...but go ahead and fire the waitress anyways.
(January 31, 2013 at 5:07 pm)frankiej Wrote: While this guy is a bit of a prick, I don't like the idea of a set tip. If someone wants to tip, then let them tip you what they want.

I very rarely tip... I just can't really afford to. I pay for what I have bought and that is that.

Anyway, that is about tipping in general... back to the individual case... I'd slap that person silly.

First of all, I don't know how it's done in the UK but in America waitresses are frequently paid under the minimum wage because they are expected to compensate their earnings with tips. Second of all, that person is basically being your bitch, so a minimum tip of 15-18% is reasonable. If you can't afford that, don't eat at places where a tip is 'expected'. Unless they do an utter shit job (and sometimes that's the kitchen, not them) then they deserve a tip.

And sometimes people don't even get their individual tips - they're put into a pool and divided evenly amongst everyone so that even the bad people get money. If someone isn't tipped, everyone suffers.

Service is a shitty fucking job, and not one I'd like to do, so I'm always kind to my servers and tip them 18% at the minimum. Usually 20%. They're putting up with shit you don't even realize if you've never done that job. Retail during holiday seasons comes somewhat close, but not quite.

That preacher is a fucking asswipe of a human.

Also, Applebee's is a disgusting establishment at the best of times.
A tip isn`t give here.

From my understanding a tip is given in countries to people who wouldnt earn enought for their living.

Here we have laws against the exploitation of employees. To have a employee under a wage which would let him/her live in poverty is illegal.

Giving a tip is usualy only done here by asshole drunk men who think that through that they are flirting with the waitress in a pub or think they are impressing their friends by showing how much money they have.
Well, you don't really get places where a tip is included like that around here anyway. I just don't like the idea of a tip being expected...

I worked as a waiter at a restaurant for quite a while. I never expected to get tips, I was always pleasantly surprised when I did get them. I also actually enjoyed it. Tongue
Cunt
(January 31, 2013 at 5:07 pm)frankiej Wrote: While this guy is a bit of a prick, I don't like the idea of a set tip. If someone wants to tip, then let them tip you what they want.

Is tipping customary and necessary where you live?

It is here. Wait staff aren't paid nearly enough to live on here (often a fraction of minimum wage) and absolutely depend on tips to survive. It's customary here for large groups to be charged a minimum gratuity because a) large groups consume a large amount of wait staff's time, and b) large groups are otherwise notorious for stiffing on tips.

It's also worth noting that in the US, people who work for tips are taxed based on a percentage of the gross receipts (i.e. what they would be expected to make in tips), so not tipping doesn't just not put money in their pocket, it takes some out.
Large groups can get ridiculous here, especially during economic downturns with people splitting up checks and shit. The "expected" gratuity is usually less than the "polite" unspoken expectation of a 15-18% tip, so it's not any reason to fuss.
(January 31, 2013 at 5:25 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Is tipping customary and necessary where you live?

Nope, it isn't

Quote:It is here. Wait staff aren't paid nearly enough to live on here (often a fraction of minimum wage) and absolutely depend on tips to survive. It's customary here for large groups to be charged a minimum gratuity because a) large groups consume a large amount of wait staff's time, and b) large groups are otherwise notorious for stiffing on tips.

It's also worth noting that in the US, people who work for tips are taxed based on a percentage of the gross receipts (i.e. what they would be expected to make in tips), so not tipping doesn't just not put money in their pocket, it takes some out.

It must really suck living in America... nothing seems to be done right. Tongue

Most restaurant staff here get a wee bit more than minimum wage as well.

Here in Dundee, most of the eating establishments in the city centre get most their business from students and if there was an included tip, then they would probably lose tons of business.
Cunt
Quote:The pastor called it a "lapse in my character and judgment"

I regard it as her true nature coming out. Masquerades as a sanctimonous cunt most of the time I imagine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beliefs turned nasty Craveman 5 2194 November 14, 2009 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13