Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new testament, matthew chapter 2
new testament, matthew chapter 2
so while reading this chapter i couldn`t help but to think a lot of wtf?
god knew that this king was wanting to kill Jesus Christ so i would`ve thought that this all powerful, all knowing all present, all loving all merciful god would have handled this situation a little better? first thing why not just create a king that doesn`t want to kill the divine son of god? why do the wise men have to pretty much leave everything and everyone behind that they love and care for instead of god just inducing a heart attack on the evil king and before the king corrupts his son that would take his? Or hell he is pretty good at mass genocide why not just use that shit right there and take out Jerusalem or just idk talk to them rationally and let them know what was going down or something I mean geese he god right? Instead the wise men have to runaway then Joseph has to take his newborn demi god and run and hide while herod send his army to kill EVERY CHILD 0-2 YEARS OLD IN BETHELAHAM AND ALL THE COASTS THEREOF? WTF? THEN HE JUST KINDA LIVES OUT HIS LIFE AND DIES. So then has to secretly tell them that it is safe to go to Israel. They figure out that herods son took over so they went to Nazareth like a sharp left turn cause the all knowing god must not have saw that coming! Anyone wanna defend this story cause this just seems like a bad cia movie. Thinking
RE: new testament, matthew chapter 2
And doesn't goldilocks know what "breaking and entering" is? And why didn't the witch's candy house get eaten by ants?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(February 3, 2013 at 10:29 pm)justin Wrote: Anyone wanna defend this story cause this just seems like a bad cia movie. Thinking

Worse; it's like something George Lucas came up with.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
[quote='teaearlgreyhot' pid='395766' dateline='1359945165']
And doesn't goldilocks know what "breaking and entering" is? And why didn't the witch's candy house get eaten by ants?
[/quote}

i mean this is one chapter out of the whole damn book! and people have the nerve to defend this shit and then say well what reason do you have in not believing the bible? fucking bible belt......
I'd like to start fairy tale apologetics. Defend em even more so than the bible.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
i`d like people to just fucking read the damn bible instead of playing lip service and letting the shit their full of fall out of their mouth
Looks like Min has some competition.
My ignore list

(February 3, 2013 at 10:42 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Looks like Min has some competition.

min?
Greetings, Junior. You'll fit right in!

Big Grin
ah i see says the blind man. lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8502 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Gospel of Peter versus the Gospel of Matthew. Jehanne 47 5756 July 14, 2018 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Old Testament Prophecy Proof of Jesus Nihilist Virus 45 6293 August 12, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  The Immorality of God - Slavery in the Old Testament athrock 307 35957 January 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Richard Dawkins and the God of the Old Testament Randy Carson 69 16820 October 8, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: orangedude
  The Historical Reliability of the New Testament Randy Carson 706 108284 June 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Utter Irrelevance of the New Testament Whateverist 66 10471 May 24, 2015 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Question of the Greek New Testament Rhondazvous 130 22540 May 19, 2015 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Aractus
  The Real Bible: Genesis Chapter 1 Theoretical Skeptic 25 7064 May 6, 2015 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  New Testament arguments urlawyer 185 21994 March 24, 2015 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01